PDA

View Full Version : New Horned "pacman" frog

Cyphyrys
01-21-2005, 09:55 PM
i just bought a new horned frog about 5 days ago... and he hasn't started eating yet.... I don't know if he's just in too much stress at the moment from being introduced to a new "environment"... But i think it's just odd that he's not eating.. the pacman i got prior to this ate the first day i got it.... I keep this one in a tank almost identical to the other's. It's a 20 gal, wiht a under tank heater keeping it at 82 degrees F
....substrate is woodchips and potting soil without any added chemical 5h1T!!
there's a shallow water dish ......
I've tried feeding him crickets, wax worms...feeder fish..(i got rid of the tankful with ich)... no luck wiht him eating

Wilomn
01-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Sounds like he's been pretty busy the last few days. Let him go a few days without feeding him or messing with him at all. Providing he's healthy now a few days without food won't be a problem.

It doesn't sound like he's had time to get used to his new home yet.

Cyphyrys
01-21-2005, 10:04 PM
yeah that's what i thought, this is day 2 of me just leaving him alone... thank you for ur suggestion i am very appreciative

Wilomn
01-21-2005, 10:11 PM
No problem. I've got one now that went 6 months without eating. Then it fired up. But giving it some time will help.

Cyphyrys
01-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Well he ate like 8 crickets just today :spectator :spectator :spectator I'm happy

Wilomn
01-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Cool, glad to hear it. He should continue now.