PDA

View Full Version : Looking for MO, OK, KS, AR Shows!!

DdotSpot
01-22-2005, 11:46 PM
I live in Joplin MO and am looking for some Reptile Shows. Anyon know of any around Joplin, Tulsa, Kansas, Arkansas area???

Thanks!

Daniel

DdotSpot
01-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Looking for shows with Corns in it...

old guy
01-23-2005, 11:36 AM
sites for " events ". Kansas does not have hardly any because of the tax problem of collecting tax at these events ( I think this might be one reason at least ). There is only one in Kansas ( supposedly monthly ) and I heard it is real small and could go out the window at any time. Missouri has some really big shows including 2 put on by the KCHS held in spring and fall at the main air port out side of Kansas City. St. Louis has about 4 to 5 a year ( I think it is still this number ). Columbia Mo. hasn't had any for awhile ( they use to ). There are a couple of venomous shows in the Ozarks but there seems to be a lack of some colubrids ( corns/kings ) at these shows or the pickings are slim. Little Rock has a couple of shows , I think , put on by the same people of the Ozark shows but venomous are not included so colubrids are found more there. Tulsa and Ok City has some and maybe by the same people again but without venomous again.

Karen Hulvey
01-23-2005, 12:41 PM
St. Louis Reptile Breeders Expo and Sale
Visit www.exoticarc.com
They have a show 3-4 times a year in South County and there are tons of corns. The 2005 dates have not be released yet.

St. Louis' Premier Reptile, Amphibian, Arachnid and Exotics Expo and Sale!
2005 Show dates are as follows:
March 20th Sunday
June 26th Sunday
August 14th Sunday
October 16th Sunday
December 17th Saturday
There are always lots of corns at this show too.
Visit www.saurian.net

Inside Out
01-25-2005, 06:32 AM
There is also a show in St. Robert Mo. About 2.5 hours from Joplin up I-44

Dates are Feb 13th 2005
May 15th 2005
Oct 15th 2005

more Info available at http://www.tricountyreptileexpo.com

There will also be shows in Springfield this year.

One in April and One in Sept or Oct ( Dates not Set yet)

Then the SWMO Hep Society also has a show in Springfield.

Westsider13
01-27-2005, 03:38 PM
www.golizards.com/tulsa/

Feb 19-20 1st show
more on web site

I have never attended this show as I am a new herper so, I can not say how it is. I am going to try it out this time.

Inside Out
01-27-2005, 07:48 PM
The Broken Arrow show isn't a bad. It's a tough time of year for shows due to weather. You never know how many vendors are gonna show.

old guy
01-29-2005, 10:51 AM
in Broken arrow ? Is it Wes Green ?

Thanks

The Broken Arrow show isn't a bad. It's a tough time of year for shows due to weather. You never know how many vendors are gonna show.

Westsider13
01-31-2005, 10:35 AM
The web site lists Jason or Kelli Cruse and Jim Burns. It doesn't say anything about Wes Green. However, I have not attended yet. Maybe Inside Out would know more.

jim0602
02-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Hey Kevin. We do 4 or 5 shows a year in broken arrow. This is the 1st of the year. We have commitments from a corn/king breeder from Dallas and another from Tulsa. There should be at least 15 vendors and 40 plus tabels there depending on the weather. The show gets better every time. There is everything from anoles to aldabra torts. Also not sure where mike gets his info but theres not a chance of the k.c. show closing down. it is not as big as the airport show but the prices are not as high either.

jim burns

Inside Out
02-03-2005, 06:57 AM
I do have to agree with Jim you will find a large variety of reptiles at the tulsa show. I'm looking forward to the trip.

GoLizards.com
03-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Hello - there is actually a show in Overland Park, Kansas. Just to set the record straight it is every other month and it is NOT about to go out the window any day. People anticipate every other month and really enjoy coming. It is not the largest show in the world, but I believe that the vendors come in, make a little money, and leave happy! It is a fun show in a great area.... any questions let me know!!
Thanks, Kelli