PDA

View Full Version : Aaaahhh the aroma!

Eric East
01-26-2005, 10:24 PM
I fed my 04 red, male a frozen thawed dekay's snake a few days ago. Well it came out the other end tonight and WOW that was the nastiest crap I have ever smelled and it was loose so it ended up ALL OVER the cage!

Remind me to not feed snakes to my indigos very often!

Eric

thesnakeman
01-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Just curious,...where'd you get the DeKay's snake, and how big was it? F/T? I haven't seen any of those since I left Iowa. Those and Garters where the first species I ever caught. And bullsnakes when I got lucky.
T.

Eric East
01-27-2005, 05:34 PM
I can't imagine that there aren't any around your area, they have a state wide distribution. The ones around your area might be intergrades though.
This was by far the largest dekay's snake i've ever seen or heard of, it was just over 17" long.

Here's a pic...

Eric http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.php?photo=190163&user=1502

thesnakeman
01-31-2005, 11:59 PM
Oh, we have them here,...I was just wondering of you had a source of supply for them?
T.

t. larson
03-24-2005, 05:53 PM
errrrrrrr...

Well, indigos crap as much as birds

Anyways, kind of off the subject a bit. I got rid of one snake and got a new snake. New snake is an african house snake. After studying them a bit, I understand they can be bred like rabbits (or BREED as well ). As an indigo owner, I'm wondering if anyone has used/bred these as a source of snakes for their indigos ?

I guess thats doubtful with what the output smells like :slamit:

Just a weird thought. And with other snake eating species growing in popularity.............. maybe some kind of opportunities ?

Jake The Snake
04-09-2005, 10:34 PM
errrrrrrr...

Well, indigos crap as much as birds

Anyways, kind of off the subject a bit. I got rid of one snake and got a new snake. New snake is an african house snake. After studying them a bit, I understand they can be bred like rabbits (or BREED as well ). As an indigo owner, I'm wondering if anyone has used/bred these as a source of snakes for their indigos ?

I guess thats doubtful with what the output smells like :slamit:

Just a weird thought. And with other snake eating species growing in popularity.............. maybe some kind of opportunities ?

They breed like crazy and thats all I know