PDA

View Full Version : Small, stackable enclosures for five snakes?

ecmorrell
02-16-2005, 04:07 PM
I am about to get five more baby milk snakes. I need enclosures that are stackable and not too huge. Where can I order something like this online? All I really see are huge multidrawer things, I don't need that many.

Thanks in advance!

Karen Hulvey
02-16-2005, 08:33 PM
It's not fancy but for baby milks I use 6.5 quart Rubbermaid containers from Wal-Mart. You have to drill air holes in them. They cost $1.88 each. They are clear, clearer than all of the other larger tubs I've bought. They stack nicely too. They also have a nice, tight-fitting lid, which is a must.

ecmorrell
02-16-2005, 08:35 PM
That's probably what I'll end up with. Economical, but if possible, I want ones that stack and have doors on front that latch. You're right about milk snakes, they are total escape artists!!!!

Karen Hulvey
02-16-2005, 09:14 PM
I was helping a friend out at his table at a reptile show. He breeds tons of corns, kings, milks, burms, boas, etc. This lady was interested in a Jalisco milk baby. She asked if it was quick. I said oh yeah, it's quick. She wanted to hold it. I opened the deli cup and that little snake shot right out and I barely caught it before it hit the table. It reminded me of those can 'o nuts you could buy and when you opened it a fake snake shot out. That' exactly what that little guy did and I had a terrible time getting him back in that deli cup. Good luck w/your new babies, whatever you decide to keep them in.

ecmorrell
02-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks!

I actually lost a black milk. I adored that snake, and he pushed up the aquarium lid with three textbooks sitting on top of it, and ran away, never to be seen again! I swore off aquariums after that!