PDA

View Full Version : Acurite digital thermometers

akaangela
02-22-2005, 12:25 AM
I got 4 of these thermometers as they where dule temputare and humidity readers. I was SO excited to find something I could have all my info at one reader. I put them up and 2 out of the 4 where totally FUBARED. One did not read any inside temp or humidity. Another MIS read the temputare on the outside and said LO on both humidy and inside temp (I KNOW it was at least 80 deg where I was testing it. One other keeps flipping from F to C (I hate trying to convert C and it kept switching from outside temp to time. DO NOT GET THESE they are a BIG waste of money. At $20 each I could have gotten something much better.

Have anyone else used these and had good or bad experences with them?

Milwaukee Reptiles
03-05-2005, 03:13 AM
I got some of the basic ones and I found them to be extremely innaccurate (+- 4-5 degrees F). Just kind of annoying. I used regular mercury thermometers, as well as an expensive digital, and those two stayed pretty close (within a degree), but my Acurite therms were pretty far off.

Spend the extra money and get something reliable and correct.

Chris@TSE
03-08-2005, 02:31 PM
We've got a few cases of the coralife \ esu reptile digital thermometers with the probes..... they work great and we have yet to find a non-working unit.

Fairly inexpensive in comparison to similar thermometers as well. No humidity reading however...... just digital C/F temps. Accurate within +1/-1

You can find them easily for under $10 each.

MGReptiles
03-10-2005, 07:18 PM
I agree with Chris, the ESU units are the way to go....