PDA

View Full Version : looking to trade or sale. mexican musk turtles:

kyleMiller
04-06-2018, 10:43 PM
Hello. I have a 1.1 mexican musk turtles. I'm taking down my bigger pond which they live in. The male is roughly 9-10 inches I can get exact measurmens on request. The female is still growing but is roughly 8 or 9 inches. I'm looking for possible trades. Looking for box turtles, Russian tortoises , hermanns, red foots. Pm me if interested. I love in southern CA

Kyle

Steven tellez
04-06-2018, 11:42 PM
Hi, I also live in Oxnard and also keep trips, 1.2 They are still young 6” or less but I was just curious to how big your pond is and if there is any aggression between the 2 or are they fine together. Any info would help since there isn’t much on these turtles. Thanks

kyleMiller
04-07-2018, 12:04 AM
The pond they stay in is 1300 gallons or so. The male is a big puppy dog no aggression at all. The female was a little more agressivr at first but with time they do fine now. I put a lot of floating plants and vissual barriers. They seem to do great down here. They are one of my favorite species to keep.

Kyle

Steven tellez
04-07-2018, 12:35 AM
Cool, everywhere I’ve read they say they are extremely aggressive. Also how old are they, I have mine in a 84”x24”x20” 175 gal and I’m hoping to keep them in it for 2-3 more years do you think it’s enough space for the time or do you think they will out grow this aquarium by then because, they seem to grow rather fast and I honestly don’t know how long it will take them to get to adult size/10” plus. Thanks

Steven

kyleMiller
04-07-2018, 01:09 AM
I got the male when he was like 8inches and that was 3 or 4 years ago now. They grow fast and slow down it seems. Also some get bigger then others. Seems like the male isn't growing much at all. The female shot up in size and slowed too. As long as you keep an eye on aggression the tank will probably be good for awhile. Mexican musk are a little less agressive then like the Chesapeake musk turtle or narrow bridge.

Kyle

Steven tellez
04-07-2018, 01:32 AM
That’s great, ill Be able to use the tank for a couple more years and yah I think people get mixed up with the Chiapas when writing about the larger specis. Thanks

Steven

popotomoo
04-08-2018, 08:07 AM
any pics?