PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!

dropkik24
03-07-2005, 12:42 PM
I bought an ig from a man in california and had it shipped to uh.....my state in the northeast (i still dont have a permit so i wont say)...when i got him i thought he was dead.....he was severly dehydrated and ice cold to the touch and appeared to be malnourished, probably from the flight....i immediatly got him under a hair dryer and after several minutes he began to show signs of life....i continued to gradualy heat him over the next several hours and by the next day he was looking skinny but lively...his appetite has since improved but it appears that one of his arms is either frozen on does not have circulation as he cannot manipulate his fingers....he still has a long way to go until he is fully recovered....this is my first ig and i love him to death but i was wondering if this is a case where i should put how i feel aside and do what is best for him by taking him to a place like NERD or a breeder at an expo....any advice would help....
thanks,
-nick-

Gina Gauvin
03-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi Nick, It's possible he was either injured during shipping or has mbd (muscular bone difficiency). If he has mbd it could cause his bones to be thin and weak and the rough treatment would have broken his arm. I'm not sure if this is the case but if you care you'll bring him to an exotic vet. Look in the yellow pages and find the closest one. In the meantime give him extra attention by providing him with the proper temps. Misting him well daily. Provide him with a high calcium diet such as collard greens, kale, dandelion greens, fresh string beans, zuchini, squash. Dust his veggies with a multi-vitamin powder once a week and a plain calcium powder every other day. A vet may prescribe a stronger calcium treatment if thats the problem. Go to yahoo.com and join the; IguanaMail list. Good luck! Gina Gauvin