PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 2018 Box Turtles

Apeltes
01-03-2019, 04:35 PM
2018 Box Turtles

Hungry and heavy. Larger one hatched very early in the season.
Eating pellets and live prey.
Growing fast, but too young/small to sex.
CBB by me

Both are Florida Box turtles, second- or third-generation captive. Some Eastern in the bloodline.

$170 (larger one)
$110 (smaller one)
$260 for both
(Add shipping and 3% PayPal fees)

Legally owned - Legally Bred - Legally sold
Valid FL Permit for Exhibition or Public Sale
Please know the laws in your state!

Please send a private message if interested.

kingheath
01-03-2019, 09:16 PM
I bought spotted turtle hatchlings from Bill... they have done fantastic and grown so much. Good guy with solid animals.

Apeltes
01-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Thanks, Heath! Glad to hear the spotties are happy in Texas!

jag83
01-04-2019, 01:17 PM
Bill,
The specimens you listed, they do share some characteristics of the Florida box turtle but clearly having quite a bit of Eastern bloodline, in the way they appear....and knowing, don’t you agree, they should be listed as hybrids. It can be a little misleading to those newer in the hobby. Maybe change your wording in your add. (Eastern x Florida hybridized box turtle) Just a friendly suggestion.

Thank you,
Joe Grohal

Apeltes
01-04-2019, 01:55 PM
Joe,

Even if they were 50/50 Florida/Eastern (they aren't), I wouldn't call them hybrids. As far as I know, Floridas and Easterns are both subspecies of T. carolina, so "intergrade" would be more appropriate.

There are no full-blooded Easterns in the pen, and the only male is 100% Florida... so they are more than 50% Florida. The females are 50% Eastern or less. So the two for sale are a minimum of 75% Florida. As for their phenotypic characteristics, I find that these crosses are extremely variable.

Hope that clarifies. I'm actually trying to be specific and transparent in the ad. Some sellers list various crosses, hybrids, and integrates as simply "hybrid box turtles", with no clues offered about actual parentage (possibly because they think it circumvents Florida's possession limit). So I agree with you that misleading people is to be avoided.

Avenetti
02-22-2019, 10:43 AM
Hi this is Gary , I’m interested in both of them what would the shipping be to 90620 ?

If you are able to call me please do at 714-713-5553