PDA

View Full Version : The Lizard King Reptiles

Mickey_TLK
06-08-2005, 07:44 PM
We have done a number of changes to the site recently, and have begun to switch over the the shopping cart system entirely. During this time we will be running sales all across the site, so check back often for updates.

Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

THE LIZARD KING REPTILES SHOPPING CART (http://thelizardkingreptiles.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/index.php)

The Lizard King Reptiles
4827 Dodge St Omaha NE 68132
402-614-6641

Jim O
06-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Nice looking site Mickey, very easy to navigate. The pictures loaded a bit slowly at first but you may have a bit of traffic since you just posted this message.

Nice looking Boas (seriously)...are those the ones from Mark Miller?

Mickey_TLK
06-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Jim

I havent gotten the new ones from Mark posted yet, but the sunglow used in the logo, and throught the site was one that Mark produced last season.

Also if you go to the photo alblum section, located here

Lizard King Photo Alblum (http://thelizardkingreptiles.com/v-web/gallery/)

You can find other shots of many boas Ive had or have currently. The "jungle" alblum are all animals that are from Mark (or in regards to the two smoker jungles, are still Mark's).

Thanks for the kind words man.

Jim O
06-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Those are some amazing animals!! Nice pics too.

Mickey, the text on the names of the albums is very dark in both IE and Mozilla and I needed to "mouse over" the text to make it change color to be readable. You might want to consider lightening the text or the background so it can be read at a glance.

Mickey_TLK
06-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Thanks again Jim, I have been lucky enough to get some very choice animals over the years of collecting, hopefully someday I can produce with one or more of them....LOL.

I assume your talking about the photo alblum titles? I thought that might be an issue, I will make some adjustments. Thanks for the input.

Jim O
06-08-2005, 08:26 PM
I assume your talking about the photo alblum titles?
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I think that people may see that they can't see the titles and just skip it entirely. If they can see the words, something may catch the eye. And I assume that's the point. :p

Mickey_TLK
06-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Ok

I changed up the photo alblums a bit, I think they look much better and are far easier to read. That said, there is a new problem I think Ive encountered.

I added a scrolling specials box in my nav bar on the bottom right, but Im worried it may slow the page loading time to much. Does the page take longer then average to load?

Any advice, tips would be appreciated. I may have created to much of a monster here, and need to tone it down a bit. Not sure.