PDA

View Full Version : Teen Trying to Kill Snake Shoots Himself

Clay Davenport
06-10-2005, 12:20 PM
PORT WENTWORTH, Ga. -- A snake in the grass is to blame for a teenager shooting himself in the leg, police said. A 16-year-old boy was mowing his lawn Tuesday when he saw a snake slithering toward his dogs, which were chained in the front yard, police said.

Worried about the canines, the boy ran inside and grabbed a .22-caliber pistol, said Port Wentworth police Sgt. Loren Scholes.

The boy came back outside and when he saw the snake at his feet, he hastily aimed and fired. The bullet entered his right calf and exited near his heel, Scholes said.

The boy was taken to an area hospital. Police said the wound was not life-threatening.

Scholes said he did not know what kind of snake it was, but "from what he described, it sounded as big as a freight train." The sergeant added that the reptile apparently escaped unscathed.

Link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/08/AR2005060801973.html)

Jim O
06-10-2005, 12:32 PM
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69337

hostileporpoise
08-12-2005, 11:38 AM
I love that the "snake is responsible" for the boy shooting himself

DragonCharm
08-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Next time he should turn the gun on himself.

ogopogo
08-13-2005, 01:33 PM
wow what a moron i cant belive his reaction to seeing a snake is to go get a gun a shoot it not just get away from it i think he deserved to shoot him self

coyote
09-25-2005, 10:38 PM
As it should be.

Bringerofdoom
10-05-2005, 05:59 PM
a .22 cal for a snake..... Lucky this idiot was even pointing the gun the right way.....

He had enough time to run inside and get a gun, but did not unchain his dogs and take them inside. And they still try to make the snake look like a badguy?

Here is the most funniest part though.

Scholes said he did not know what kind of snake it was, but "from what he described, it sounded as big as a freight train." The sergeant added that the reptile apparently escaped unscathed. \
If it was a big a freight train how did this moron manage to miss and his his own leg? it probably was a garter snake and he was looking for an excuse to use a gun on something, or there was no snake at all and wanted to make a up a story for why he had got a gun out and managed to shoot himself.