PDA

View Full Version : What's on YOUR refrigerator?

PaulSage
06-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Okay, so I was just a wondering what everyone else has on the outside of their refrigerator. The 15 options are ones that I guessed would be the most common, but if 'other' applies, please do tell!

Feel free to post pictures too. :hehe:

Ginger Ambrose
06-14-2005, 08:32 AM
I could of actually picked two random magnets and other.
We have the obligatory alaphabet magnets (3 yr. old in the house)
And other various magnets we have picked up here and there, but the most important thing is the little guys art work. Every thing he brings home from school goes up for at least a day or two. The fridge is his personal "hall of fame"

Ginger Ambrose

reptilemama
06-14-2005, 08:36 AM
Lots of magnets (most belong to my 6 year old son) , a take out menu or two, a few pictures by my son, pics of myself with my snakes, pics of my family in full cowboy gear (we shoot cowboy action shooting), and some odds n ends of other pics

Cat_72
06-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Well, I picked family stuff, pet pics, and random magnets.....and stuff that maybe should have been taken down a year ago, lol.....but those of us who have kids here will tell ya, I think you forgot a good one for the list-STICKY FINGERPRINTS!!! Seems no matter how often ya wipe it off, the kids manage to leave their mark on there somehow!!! :raspberry

Jim O
06-14-2005, 11:59 AM
I have one of those stainless steel type refrigerators. It does not attract magnets (it must have a high percentage of chromium in it) and tape leaves marks on the finish. Hence my "Other" is for "Nothing".

HerpAddict
06-14-2005, 02:29 PM
We moved into our house on May 1st, and so there is stuff left on the fridge from the old people, like a realtor's calender from 2003, and then there's my magnet that is a silver gecko, and a wooden parrot. I definitely need more magnets though!

PaulSage
06-14-2005, 02:39 PM
I totally forgot to include report cards and children's drawings.

I practically raised my younger brothers, and the youngest just graduated high school, so I think I'm sub-consciously avoiding child-rearing issues...

reptilebreeder
06-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Mostly business card magnets. Saltwater reef store, old work magnet (mobile life support AKA American Medical Response) and some reptile magnets, like these (hope they show up)

Jim O
06-14-2005, 03:32 PM
John,

I have to have that first one. Of course I don't have a refrigerator that will accommodate it, but I can put it on my "feeder freezer" in the garage.

dragonflyreptiles
06-14-2005, 04:13 PM
I have nothing on mine. I used to have a few pics of the kids and a few biz cards that came in with my herps but my kids stole them all so I gave up putting anything on there lol

kiote9
06-14-2005, 04:31 PM
I have a bunch of magnets, a calendar, and the exercises the physical therapist gave me to do when I hurt my back at work. The magnets change constantly as the kids lose or break them and bring new ones home from where ever. The fridge door opens and closes too often for very many things to actually STAY on it. There are two clips with magnets that hold the papers up.

reptilebreeder
06-15-2005, 01:52 AM
John,

I have to have that first one. Of course I don't have a refrigerator that will accommodate it, but I can put it on my "feeder freezer" in the garage.I thought at first the ladies might be offended, but everybody loves it, always gets great laughs. They had several varieties, one was a squirrel and a couple others. You can get them at one of the chain stores in some of the malls, I forget what it's called. A store for the younger crowd mostly, posters, gag gifts, gag sex stuff, etc. not a hot topic, the other one?

DAND
06-15-2005, 05:45 AM
I put clippings on the fridge and see how long it takes the wife to notice them. :dgrin:

Sasheena
07-01-2005, 01:22 AM
And here I thought this post was about what was on TOP of my refridgerator...

I USED to have my "cow collection" .... ceramic cows in funky poses I bought while in college..... but alas.. we then got cats, and now I have a bunch of cow pieces.....

On the actual fridge? Nuttin. It's what's IN the fridge that matters. The one thing that we agreed on (hubby and I) when we decided to purchase this house... it's a great house with only one BAD THING.... a teeny tiny narrow little kitchen... only room enough for one person... when the dishes come out of the dishwasher, the open dishwasher barricades you in (or out) of the kitchen... you stand there and open drawers on three sides and don't have to t ake a single step to put away all the dishes and utensils. TINY fridge, nobody would spend any time in it and admire the decoration on the fridge.

Next time we get a house, it'll have a BIG kitchen. Current kitchen has space for the food, and the snakes. We eat in the living room.