PDA

View Full Version : Pueblan not feeding any Ideas?

kcaj
07-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Hi All, I Have a pair of Pueblan Milksnakes. They were in brumation for several months and then were warmed up starting the first of March. Both of the snakes started eating within a week and were given food every 5-7 days. the snakes both shed the first week of April and were then put together. The female went off feed the third week of April. May 10th she shed, On May 16th she laid a egg that was soft like a water balloon and I figured was bad, on the 19th she laid 4 more eggs, but another got stuck about two inches from the vent, two days later she passed some egg contents but no shell and seemed fine. I could feel no lumps or bumps anywhere. Today is the 6th of July and she has refused to eat since April 17th I have tried pinkies,fuzzies, crawlers,hoppers,small adults,live,fresh killed, frozen thawed mice and rat pups, all of which she has eaten easily in the past with never a refusal. She is still lively and has good muscle tone but won't eat. I keep the male with her and he still eats like a pig so I know that the temps are good for them. I don't know what to try next ,she really has me baffled, any help would be Appreciated, Kcaj