PDA

View Full Version : AaaaaaAAAaaaaggggGGGGGGghhhhHHHHhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! 1

Sasheena
07-20-2005, 07:37 PM
I just had to scream at the top of my lungs.

*sigh*

It doesn't feel better.

The other day one of my step-daughter's friends' parents called trying to find her. We emphasized at that time that having to call friends to track down her whereabouts should NEVER happen.

Yesterday I reiterated this.

Today I had to do it.

Lucille
07-20-2005, 08:50 PM
(((((((((((Sasheena))))))))))))

Honest, the aggravation you feel for kids is in direct proportion to your love for them; I know you are a terrific Mom. Hang in there and one day you'll get your revenge, your child will have kids and her kids will do the same stuff to her....

For now, though, I feel for you...

Sasheena
07-20-2005, 11:15 PM
I've soaked my head twice. Doesn't help much.

Dennis Hultman
07-21-2005, 01:46 AM
I just had to scream at the top of my lungs.

*sigh*

It doesn't feel better.

The other day one of my step-daughter's friends' parents called trying to find her. We emphasized at that time that having to call friends to track down her whereabouts should NEVER happen.

Yesterday I reiterated this.

Today I had to do it.
I know how you feel. I was brought up in a household with few rules and consequences as a result I am just the opposite as a parent. My daughter is only seven and has several friends in the 10-12 year range. It seems at least once a week one of the parents is calling to see if their daughter is at our home. My wife always says “does your mom know you’re here” every time they knock at the door. At that age, I would never dream of letting my kids go anywhere without calling the parents first. Granted we live in a quite beach community but there are just too many bad things that could happen.

I can see my gray hair coming, once she reaches her teens.

Sasheena
07-21-2005, 04:57 AM
Well it is hard sometimes when you've only been a mom for 1 year, and your daughter is a 18-year-old-looking 14 year old. She'll be 15 soon, and then, joy of joys.... she'll be driving age in another year. YIKES

It's NOT easy. But only three more years before she graduates from high school, then she plans to go back to her mother's state for college.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, it helps to know I'm not alone.

And retrospectively my "still echoing" scream of earlier is starting to make me feel better.