PDA

View Full Version : Ignorance Defined

Jungle Gems
08-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Man Gets No Help for Snake Infestation

Monday, August 22, 2005

LARAMIE, Wyo. - They're coming into his yard at an alarming rate, probably from a nearby creek bed. But Shawn Schreiner said when he told animal control about his snake infestation, he was told he was on his own.

Schreiner called animal control for help removing and deterring the snakes, but Steve Amrine, an animal shelter supervisor, said animal control generally doesn't deal with free-roaming animals that aren't a danger to people.

"If there is an overlap of humans and animals, we usually try to let the animals get on their way," Amrine said, adding that the agency would rather advise residents on how to keep animals out.

That's what Schreiner is trying to do now. He keeps the grass cut short, so snakes are easier to spot, and he's filled in holes in his concrete porch where snakes might like to rest. He also plans to install a thin mesh on his backyard fence to try to keep snakes out - anything, he said, to keep the snakes out.

"The snakes started this spring, and they've been going strong even since," Schreiner said.

"I've probably watched too many movies, because you know what happens in 'Anaconda,'" he said.

No anacondas yet, although he did find a four-foot snakeskin, probably from a bull snake.

"I don't have children - I'm just afraid of snakes," Schreiner said. "Maybe I'm a big baby, but I don't want them around here."

---

Information from: Laramie Daily Boomerang, http://www.laramieboomerang.com

Sounds like a prime piece of real estate to me... I'd pay extra just for the reptilian wildlife. :) Let me know when you're ready to sell, Shawn... and no more watching "Anaconda" for you.

Junkyard
08-22-2005, 09:22 PM
I would like a home that comes with free snakes :)

Ginger Ambrose
08-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Cool, Water side real estate, with SNAKES !
I need this place.
Ginger

DragonCharm
08-23-2005, 10:03 AM
"Maybe I'm a big baby, but I don't want them around here."

DING DING DING.......we have a WINNER!

Dennis1
08-23-2005, 10:34 PM
DING DING DING.......we have a WINNER!
I think you should have said "we have a whiner"...lol

I would love to live there too

Karen Hulvey
08-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Every time I speak to someone who is really ignorant I think to myself, "Golly could anyone be any more ignorant that this person?"

Guess what? I read this story and this one beats the most ignorant person I've talked with this week. I'm glad that the morons do not let me down.