PDA

View Full Version : Pythons: Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em

Lucille
09-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Their fussy eating habits craze me. The ball pythons especially are famed for choosing not to eat for a while, but I have a diamond/carpet cross that is fussy also. Today, he helped himself to two large f/t rats, no telling why.

If there is some arcame chant or spell that will get them to eat, I'm all for it, otherwise I am just puzzled by the reasons they choose to eat or not eat. Anyone have any theories?

Clay Davenport
09-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Maybe they just don't like your cooking? Either that or you failed to forward that good luck email to 50 of your closest friends last year.

I can sympathize on the balls, but they're just being themselves. They eat or not on their whim. I normally only have problems with ones that are 2 years old and under though, once adults I rarely have unexplained fasting.
Not much you can do about it other than the standard tricks to try to get them to eat.
I have two possible het stripes that are sisters from last year. One is 650g and the other is 250. The small one was extremely fussy for several months. It just happens with them.

Other pythons though have given me little problems at all. I can usually explain any prolonged lack of feeding. The carpet pythons especially, once they get started they never quit as long as their health and environmental conditions are good.
Perhaps you should dance naked before the reptile gods chanting a prayer of supplication.

coyote
09-16-2005, 01:05 AM
I have an adult carpet and a juvinile short tailed. Both are always eager for their meals. The short tailed, although he is such a couch potato, hits his FT rat pups hard like a great white shark. He'll eat anything offered. So, keep your hands out of the way!