PDA

View Full Version : Luxury

Lucille
09-17-2005, 07:08 PM
I gave a friend some tax outlines at the beginning of the semester, I always try to share the materials I no longer need in school.
He and his wife surprised me with a nice box of Godiva chocolate today. To me, that is real luxury, I do not buy chocolate that expensive for myself.

Also on my luxury list:

Flowering orchids
Hot bubble baths
A new snake or lizard
Impulse purchases of totally useless but cool stuff, like I just bought myself a rotary phone.

How about y'all, what are luxury items that you enjoy?

PaulSage
09-17-2005, 08:24 PM
Hm... I would have to say NEW SOCKS. Yep, socks. I hate having to buy socks 'cuz they're so darned expensive, but a brand new pair of good quality socks really takes the cake. I end up throwing out many random socks after my dog has entertained herself with them, that or aliens have abducted one sock from each pair which leaves me with little choice other than to toss the remaining one. Unfortunately, I am one of those people who insists on having a matching pair of socks on--even if they're just plain white ones, they still have to be the same brand and size. I would sooner wear flip-flops in November than settle for wearing mismatched socks. Just a quirk I suppose (perhaps related to obsessive-compulsive disorder)?

I guess another luxury I don't indulge in as often as I like would be hiring a house and pet sitter to take care of things for a weekend and getting AWAY for a little while. Being free from the daily obligations and routines would really be quite a luxury I think. Know any trustworthy, herp-friendly, and responsible people looking to earn a few bucks in the Madison area? Hm?

dragonflyreptiles
09-17-2005, 08:52 PM
hmmmm

Id have to say that mine are the little things I have missed since I became a stay home mom 6 years ago:

McDonalds (lol sorry but I love the 1/4 pounder with BLTM)
Renting Movies
Internet Access that is not dial up
New Socks and panties (I just keep repairing holes in the socks and elastic in the panties :( )
Being able to take a shower or long bath ALONE (maybe that should be my #1)
Candles (Im a candle freak really bad and they are off the have to have list now)

and a few more random things that Im sure will hit me as soon as I hit the post button lol

A_Kendergirl
09-18-2005, 01:34 AM
This seems like a silly "luxury" item, but I love to read, yet I hardly ever buy a new book! In fact, I just bought a paperback today and it was $8.00! There are at least six books in this series I just picked up. If it's a good read, I'll be going to ebay for the rest! I end up reading my favorite books over and over until they fall apart.

Ginger Ambrose
09-18-2005, 07:29 AM
Going to the restroom and getting a bath or shower by myself.
Has not happened in 22 years it seems.
That is number one.
Being able to go to a show and buy a snake without
worrying about the price. Now that would be a dream.

Ginger

reptilemama
09-18-2005, 04:45 PM
My one luxury at home is cable internet. Once I got it, I can't live without it. Cancelled the cable tv, but still gotta have my internet! It's also rare for me to go out to eat anywhere that's not fast food. My biggest luxury would be buying *nice*, furniture quality cages for all my herps. I'd love to have a reptile room with two walls lined in really nice cages, and french doors to a deck or patio where I could take the critters out for some times in the sun.

South Dixie Dragons
09-18-2005, 05:20 PM
I guess I am pretty spoiled all in all...
I have the high speed dsl, I have the cable tv..if I want Mc Donalds I get it (although I must admit I spend very little money at the grocery store because I do not cook anymore..)

I would have to say that I would want a MAID...someone to keep this house clean ..there is nothing better than coming home to a spotless house.

Sasheena
09-25-2005, 11:31 PM
I think I would love a lasar printer for my computer, so I wouldn't have to freaking shell out $30 to $40 for every 200 sheets I print. (I just got the privelege of a Lasar printer at work because of some extra work I do for the school, and boy is it NICE)

A MAID... now THAT is a nice thought! I was watching "I Robot" on cable last night. Of course it would be nice to have a robot that just cleans things up and takes good care of me and my family, but I wouldn't want them to get homocidal on me or anything like that.

Biggest luxury I can imagine today: A teenage daughter who couldn't (or better, wouldn't) lie and deceive her parents.

Food luxury items? This summer hubby and I both worked during the summer vacation from school, so I was feeling particularly rich, and I have this AWESOME salad I love to make and could eat every single day... I had one of those every day... expensive too... probably four or five dollars of ingredients in each one: Cucumbers, Marinated Artichoke Hearts, Grated Cheese, Black Olives, Red Bell Peppers, Bacon Bits, Sunflower Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Poppyseed Dressing, Baby Corn, and sometimes even a little bit of lettuce. For a beverage some sparkling raspberry flavored water, with frozen raspberries instead of ice. LUXURY!

chondrogal
10-02-2005, 12:38 PM
My most recent luxury item which I am totally in love with now is my new IPOD with 30g of memory!! Had to have all the bells and whistles too, got a docking station, transmitting box (thing I can use to play IPOD over any FM radio) and... earphones that rival the price of the original unit!! Music is my "other" passion next to the luxury of keeping these beautiful reptiles!!

Most of what is important to me though, can't be purchased for any price!! Family and friends... with them, I need nothing else but basic food/clothing/shelter.