PDA

View Full Version : womas

greg4000
09-19-2005, 10:24 PM
i am looking for some very specific breeding info on womas, i need to know things like breeding size, incubation temp, if they stay on feed while gravid, do they need to be brumated. i have been searching the web with no luck. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Jim O
09-19-2005, 10:35 PM
I cooled my womas like all other pythons. Males can usually breed at 18 months, females often need another year.

My female never went off feed. She even fed after her pre-lay shed. My male was not too interested in prey during breeding but took willingly afterward.

My eggs hatched at exactly 60 days at 88-89F.

greg4000
09-19-2005, 11:03 PM
i appreciate the information. all i could find on the web was general info, nothing on the husbandry. i was kindve screwed over when i got these and have been nursing them back to health. any idea on the weight the fem needs to be. i have no idea of the age. shes around 4 ft. long though.
given the circumstances i think it would be wise to wait a year. they were emaciated and dehydrated when i got them. classic case of neglect, but these people now have my stellar gtps. http://www.reptiforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=756
this is the thread if your interested. thanks again jim.

Jim O
09-19-2005, 11:05 PM
My female was 2500 grams give or take, so that's about 5.5 lbs. Hope that helps.