PDA

View Full Version : Womas Pythons Info...

Southwick Herps
09-26-2005, 11:27 PM
I cannot find much info on Woma Pythons... I was looking into getting one (not until april), so I have plenty of time to get as much studying in as possible. I was just wondering what info you all could give me. Care sheets would be especially helpful.
Thanks,
Mike.

Jim O
09-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Mike,

Womas are relatively easy to take care of as far as pythons go. They are gentle and personable. I really enjoy mine.

Average room humidity is fine. A water bowl is a must for drinking though the only time I have seen one soak is when my female was getting ready to ovulate. They'll eat anything, as often as you'll feed them. I feed hatchlings every 4-5 days, yearlings once a week, and adults every 2-4 weeks (the males less often, the females more, especially after oviposition). They are ground dwellers so I don't use a perch. They grow fast so if you get a young snake be ready for a 5-6 foot adult within a couple of years.

Breeding is like most other pythons. IN a nutshell, cool them in the late fall/early winter, warm them, feed them, introduce them, and wait for eggs. It is not always that simple, but they do breed well.

Southwick Herps
09-29-2005, 06:57 AM
Thanks. What temps should I keep them at?

Jim O
09-29-2005, 07:34 AM
I use 78°-80° on the cool side and 88°-90° on the warm side.

Southwick Herps
09-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Awesome, so they are primarily nocturnal?

bud mierkey
10-08-2005, 09:41 PM
a bud of mine got a adult pair at the tampa show they rock!

bud mierkey
10-08-2005, 09:54 PM
IS it true they can eat venomous snakes and are unaffected by the venom?

starwarsdad
10-09-2005, 09:34 AM
I have heard that, but if it is true, I would bet it is only true of snakes that occur in their natural range in Oz. Anyone with more knowledge on this care to answer?