PDA

View Full Version : Fauna Trading Cards?

Lucille
09-29-2005, 10:47 PM
I saw a post earlier about ball python trading cards. I like bps OK, but I suddenly had this blinding flash of insight:

Fauna trading cards!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now THERE'S a collectible idea!!!
We could have Jim and Wes and Sasheena and Wendy and of course Rich and the mods and the whole gang; and rarer and more collectible might be those who make rare appearances like Ritchie Luna.

Each would have a quote whereby you could recognize the personality of the person in the pic (I leave it to you to imagine the content of some of these quotes, :rofl: ).

They would be fun to collect and no doubt stashed away for 10 or 20 years and displayed to the grandchildren, or perhaps they would appreciate in value so that pix of Fauna denizens on these cards would be sold on Ebay for zillions......

Collect them all and amaze your friends!!... :hehe:

kiote9
10-02-2005, 06:44 AM
I think that would be AWESOME!

Then if the Fauna movie ever gets made the cards will be collectors items... :D

PaulSage
10-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Do we get to vote on the MVP's (Most Valuable Posters)?

Or will it be some funky mathematical calculation like rep. points / # of posts?

Oh, and how about a "hall of fame" and "hall of shame" series?

Or is it going to be more of a game instead of trading cards?

And what about a series of cards for posters who ask too many questions?

Hm?

Lucille
10-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Do we get to vote on the MVP's (Most Valuable Posters)?

Or will it be some funky mathematical calculation like rep. points / # of posts?

Oh, and how about a "hall of fame" and "hall of shame" series?

Or is it going to be more of a game instead of trading cards?

And what about a series of cards for posters who ask too many questions?

Hm?

Good questions!!!

I say we start voting now!:

I vote:

Paul Sage, for asking good questions
Wes, for asking good questions, sometimes uncomfortable and not polite questions, but good nonetheless
Shelly, for making me smile
David, the same
***Webslave*** for providing us Fauna, a massive job
the Mods for helping to keep it good
Shrap, for his insight
Wendy, for her sweet spirit
A whole deckful here, thankfully, for integrity
A couple of jokers to go unnamed
Famous slimeballs, lest we forget and relax our vigilance and our help to one another to keep them at bay
Sasheena, Ms. Terese, Maggie Burroughs, for Understanding the World, much better than I do anyway; I puzzle constantly over people and their ways.

And so many more, all of them real collector's items :hehe:

Y'all's turn to add to the list of Those Who Deserve to Be on a Fauna Trading Card, what do you think?

DAND
10-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Can we have troll dart boards?

PaulSage
10-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Wes, for asking good questions, sometimes uncomfortable and not polite questions, but good nonetheless
heh... I kinda think of Wes as a bounty hunter :hehe:
Shelly, for making me smile
Shelly's card should just be a picture of blue jello and bananas with CENSORED written on it :hehe:
***Webslave*** for providing us Fauna, a massive job
I think Webby's card should be laminated
the Mods for helping to keep it good
Yeah, they can be the referees
Shrap, for his insight
Definitely
Wendy, for her sweet spirit
Maybe Wendy can be the head cheerleader
Famous slimeballs, lest we forget and relax our vigilance and our help to one another to keep them at bay
Let's just make their cards out of toilet paper... :dgrin:
Sasheena, Ms. Terese, Maggie Burroughs, for Understanding the World.
I'd add Shanti (AKenderGirl) to that list too.

And then there's Jim O. ... I'm not really sure what kind of card he'd get, since he fits into so many of the good categories.

We should have Honorable Mentions too, for people like Tere Salazar as Beardie Mommy of the Year.

And then we'd need *good* joker cards for people like David who say funny stuff like this:
Can we have troll dart boards? :rofl: ...that and for all the funny pictures they post.

Hm.. that's all for now I guess.

Wilomn
10-02-2005, 04:30 PM
You're going to have to have a subset of cards too.

You'll need one for "the liar" and "the theif" and "the cowardly dumbass" not to be confused with "the cowardly bigot" and OH SO MANY more. These should only be in black and white and owning them should be a penalty.

Interesting idea though.

Now, the important question. Who does the artwork? Or, do you mean to use actual photos, cuz if you do some of us will need bigger cards than others.

Lucille
10-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Hmmmmm......HERE'S an interesting idea:

On one side of the card, a self image of the person. On the OTHER side, an image according to how the public sees that person......

I bet you would see some wide disparities in the bad guys......or, maybe not?

Sasheena
10-03-2005, 09:35 AM
You all are silly! :)

So which cards would be "Common"
Which cards would be "Rare"
and which cards would be "Extremely Hard to Find" ?

Or would we get a whole deck ?

I'm honored that I was mentioned .... I've been checking in regularly, but I find that for some reason I sort of "go missing" when I have issues at home that are psychologically demanding, and my home issues are turning me gray at the moment!

My Fauna Avatar would be my picture for my card. :)

Lucille
10-09-2005, 07:36 PM
You all are silly! :)

OOOPS! BUSTED!!! lol..... :rofl:

I'm card #1. On the pic side is me in my study with a book, but a bearded dragon or two sitting on my desk keeping me company.

On the other side, a description of my future career and a plea to my friends to try to stay out of trouble until I graduate in 2 more years :hehe:

OK, who wants to be card #2, and what do you want on it?

Chris@TSE
10-09-2005, 07:57 PM
hey! i want to be on one of those special foil insert cards! lol

Jim O
10-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Do they come with bubble gum?