PDA

View Full Version : The latest from the "mad scientist".

thesnakeman
10-06-2005, 09:29 PM
You know me,...always creating something. I decided to make these modifications for the following reasons. By attaching the hide boxes to the outside of the cage, it will free up some more floor space for my adults, it will create a bigger thermal gradient, and it will be three less things to get crapped on. I hope they like it. I'm thinking of adding a t.v., and hot-tub in each one, as well. LoL

Rockford
10-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Looks good!!! I have been thinking of making some cages that have a sliding cement tub and piece of pipe leading to them. I have seen one for sale at EBV and think that it was Robert Seib's. Looks pretty functional.

Your invention is pretty cool though. It's a nice modification to a good cage...

Living_Skies
10-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Looks good!! I went a different route with my Indigo cage and went with the false bottom with Sterlite bins underneath for 'underground' hides. I love the additional floor space it provides and the climbing aspect for the snake, not too mention my girl only uses the hide on the warm end as a bathroom so cleaning is as simple as pulling out the bin and scrubbing that instead of cage walls, lol!

sumguy
10-12-2005, 12:26 PM
nice mod. what kind of cages are those? they have some at my local pet shop that look like that - may be able to have them special ordered.