PDA

View Full Version : Beagle in Georgia

Winter
10-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Yesterday, I found a young Beagle running in the road during a rainstorm. I picked him up, dried him off, warmed him up, and he is currently boarding at my vet office while I either try to find him his previous owner or a new adoptive family. He is a good-looking puppy that is young enough to still have his baby teeth. He was apparently cared for by his previous owner and has a glossy coat, good weight, clean ears, and clipped toenails. I have posted five signs in my neighborhood, have notified the local shelter and humane societies, and posted a sign at the vet office, too. I even went door-to-door trying to locate his owner in the area I found him in. I have had no luck and will give the owner some time to get in touch with me (assuming he was not abandoned), and then he will be available for adoption. I can't keep him- I already have three dogs- and I also can't board him very long at the vet hospital, so this little Beagle must be placed soon if the owner does not show up. If you are interested in this puppy, please contact me- he is wonderful and will make someone a very nice companion.

Thank you for your interest!

Lauren

crotalusadamanteus
10-09-2005, 09:37 AM
If it is in that good of shape, you may want to scan for a microchip implant. If they took care of it like that, they may cherish the lil tyke. The chips # will ID it's parents. Just a thought.

Good luck finding Ma and Pa, or a new home. :)

Ciao,
Rick

Winter
10-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I probably should have mentioned it in my first post, but I did have the pup scanned when I took him into my vet office for boarding-no chip. He was wearing a collar when I found him, but he has no tags. :unhappy: I am also sorry to say that no one has contacted me about him yet. I need to figure something out for him soon, and most unfortunately, the only Beagle rescue I could find for several hundred miles is no longer around. Any ideas? I don't want to take this guy to the shelter- even though I think he will be adopted for sure, there is always that chance that he will not. I didn't take him off the street away from the cars just to have a chance that he might be euthanized if the shelter is too full at the time I bring him in. Maybe I could contact the shelter and ask them if there is any way I could pay to have him vetted out and placed up for adoption through them, but that I could be the "last resort" contact and can pick him up if he gets on the list for euth. Any other ideas?

Lauren

Mari
10-09-2005, 04:24 PM
You might want to check around for a no-kill shelter around your area and let them know the story. I know there are plenty here in Illinois, and since my friend and I have been searching for a puppy we realize there are a whole lot throughout the US. Just do a search for local shelters online, I used Yahoo and came up with a whole lot. I wish I could take him, but unfortunately I can't. Good luck with finding his home or a new one for him...