PDA

View Full Version : pic of a baby water cobra

bud mierkey
10-21-2005, 05:29 AM
Water cobras are super captives normaly live in rivers and lakes eating fish.
But in cAptivity they do great on rodents.
they are the real water cobra nothing false about them they get very large.
Their venom is the most toxic drop for drop than any african reptile . :hehe:
followed by the saw scale boomslang and the black mamba.
cabe cobra not even close.
what do you think? :bolt01:

Chance
10-23-2005, 02:44 PM
They're definitely very neat snakes. I just picked up an '04 male, around 2.5' in length. It actually might be one you produced, not sure. I got him from Ed in a group of other cobras. I've been wanting to keep this species for a very long time, so when the opportunity presented itself, I took it. I'm looking very much forward to raising him, and hopefully, getting him a female and breeding them.

bud mierkey
10-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Hi Chance,
it might be one of mine they are out there i held back some striped ones with no belly banding.
who knows what fully striped one would go for?
I have taken several bites from them the largest one was 7 ft.
0% necrosis totaly neurotoxic.
A pleasure to be bit by one of these like a black mamba clean!
If your immune that is.
later let me know if you need a female.
later
bud

Chance
10-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Hey Bud. Yeah, Bobby Neal was telling me about your adult annulata. Pretty amazing stuff to hear about. I'm definitely interested in getting a female at some point, so if you don't mind, shoot an e-mail to najak82@hotmail.com and let me know when you might have some more available and such. Do you happen to have any size comparison photos of your adults?

bud mierkey
10-23-2005, 08:17 PM
I will post a size comparison pic i have some somewhere
here is a pic of the adults the male is considerably shorter than the female.
she is almost twice his length she is over 7 feet very fat.
males heads are slightly different.
male is on your left.
very docile as adults but little ones can get carried away during feeding {ouch]

:)

Chance
10-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the photo. Man...can't wait til mine gets that big, lol. Bobby said both your adults were amazingly docile and seemingly very smart. This little guy is pretty docile, so I'm hoping he just gets better as he grows. I look forward to the other pics.