PDA

View Full Version : Custom Icons

Lucille
10-27-2005, 05:22 PM
It crossed my mind today how cute it would be to have a leo gecko icon. I'm not sure what exactly it would signify, but it would be cute and I could put a whole line of them after a leo post :)

Then, I thought about all sorts of custom icons, made for and recognizable by the denizens of Fauna. Here are some examples, you will have to use your imagination to create a mental image of such icons:

The happy happy gecko/snake/reptile dance icon signifying joy on the receipt of a new reptile :D

The 'I got you in my sights' icon when you put someone's name up on the BOI and they have clearly done wrong :uzi:

The 'too big for your britches' icon :rofl:

The 'Uh Oh, it's another one of them Lucille posts' icon

OK, your turn, what other Fauna specific icons can you come up with?

nicolai
10-27-2005, 05:32 PM
The 'Uh Oh, it's another one of them Lucille posts' icon

Would there be a limit on how many times we could use the icon for this one???

What about the "Another lucille poll" icon??

Just busting your chops lucille, it just might be a good idea, it may lighten things up a little and also give people looking for certain kinds of posts a quick way to find them.If I knew anything about java apps and such i would even try to help you out, but the whole emoticon/smiles programming thing is greek to me.

coyote
10-27-2005, 10:41 PM
I like a variety, a LARGE variety to choose from. I support the idea of adding more icons/smilies. There is a point, however, where things can become just too cute for my taste. I don't even necessarily prefer the 3D types over the 2D. I love animated smilies.

I'm putting in my wish for animated snake icons, slithering snakes, striking snakes, coiling snakes, constricting snakes, tail rattling snakes, poop shooting snakes (musking), rodent swallowing snakes, snakes going into or out of a toilet-just no cute snakes.

Some good tail whipping monitors and iguanas would be nice too.

How about chameleon icon/smilies that change color and shoot out their tongues? Chameleons doing their little back forth dance could be cute. OK. Cute chameleons would be OK. Just no cute snakes.

Lucille
10-29-2005, 11:14 AM
It's Wendy's birthday, we ought to have a special reptile birthday icon. Maybe a table with one of those decorated paper birthday tablecloths, and in chairs around the table are seated smiling geckos wearing party hats holding knives and forks, and in the middle of the table a big bucket of mealworms with ribbons on the bucket and candles stuck in, how's that?