PDA

View Full Version : retic question

futureherpbreeder
12-22-2005, 08:34 PM
is it possible to have a normal, tiger, and super tiger all in the same clutch?
reason i ask is because i bought the tiger and normal at the same time, was told they were from the same clutch, but there was also a super tiger in the cage as well?
is it possible that when they ordered them fom bidalgo, they got one each from a different clutch?
and if they are from the same clutch, can you breed them?
thanks.

techgirl
12-22-2005, 08:41 PM
sorry but you're in the wrong forum. need to go to the python forum for answers :)

futureherpbreeder
12-22-2005, 08:49 PM
sorry, first timer. still tryin to figure all this out. thanks for the heads up

Junkyard
12-23-2005, 12:02 AM
is it possible to have a normal, tiger, and super tiger all in the same clutch?
reason i ask is because i bought the tiger and normal at the same time, was told they were from the same clutch, but there was also a super tiger in the cage as well?
is it possible that when they ordered them fom bidalgo, they got one each from a different clutch?
and if they are from the same clutch, can you breed them?
thanks.

The gene is co-dominant. When a Tiger Retic is bred to a normal, 50% of the babies will be Tiger(the rest normals). When Tigers are bred together, you will get 25%Super Tigers, 50% Tigers and 25% normals. http://www.constrictors.com/Collection/ReticulatedPythons/TigerReticulatedPython.html

They may have all one clutch or a few from others. Though if they did buy a whole clutch I would expect they are all siblings.

Yes you can breed them if they are from the same clutch. Breeding siblings have been recorded up to 10 generations before defects occur. Tough many do not go beyond 7 generations.

futureherpbreeder
12-23-2005, 06:24 PM
thanks michael shelton, that helps alot.

Junkyard
12-23-2005, 09:59 PM
You are welcome. I have come to really love Retics. Do you have pics of your you can post? I would like to see the pair you have, I am sure you will have an awesome clutch if you plan to breed.

futureherpbreeder
12-26-2005, 08:39 PM
i finally figured it out.
thanks for all the help.

josh

Junkyard
12-26-2005, 11:59 PM
That is a pretty snake!! Great job picking that one out!