PDA

View Full Version : $$$ above all else for KS--KS forums "sold out" under KS t

josebernstein
12-27-2005, 04:24 AM
I am deeply disturbed by the forum on Kingsnake. It looks like anyone who

josebernstein
12-27-2005, 04:38 AM
Jeez, hit a button and screwed this up already. I have been deeply disturbed by how the indigo forum over there on KS has been altered significantly by some people's "marketing"?
Need I say more or can we fill in the blanks about the grandstanding of some individual(s)?

Lucille
12-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Jose, instead of worrying about what goes on over there, why not make this forum your home and by contributing posts and information, help this forum to flourish?

old guy
12-27-2005, 12:30 PM
I still use it for direct questions though and direct answers.

epidemic
12-27-2005, 01:19 PM
The majority of those who have been involved with the captive maintenance and propagation of Drymarchon spp. the longest have been involved with the KS Indigo forum for quite sometime and old habits are difficult to break
Unfortunately, there have been a few posts in the past, as well as a few recent posts, which have caused some incredibly knowledgeable folks to refrain from posting their thoughts and experiences…

Jeff

old guy
12-27-2005, 01:26 PM
not of the dry ( indigo ) forum of KS but you can't beat the venomous forum of KS. > ?

VICtort
01-04-2006, 04:37 AM
Jeff is so right about the "tone" of the forums at times. Sometimes we vehemently disagree, and sometimes big but sensitive egos get in the way or get hurt...but we can learn from almost everyone, even if a bad example. I saw a dramatic and similar example with Psittacine birds "parrots"...people criticized someone who was doing things different. It turns out his techniques were very effective, probably because the birds were bored and they copulated. Nobody could match his success breeding... So the unorthodox keeper may make breakthroughs simply because they dare do things different. Over time, peer pressure and the market place will select for the best and most successful I think. I encourage people to express opinions, but label them as such and be prepared to back them with data if/when you are questioned. ..And try not to be nasty, or take it personally respectively!... BTW, this forum has been pretty active, I guess Tony is getting us going...maybe he should be a talk show host!

thesnakeman
01-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Yup, I am a naughty boy sometimes. I'm opinionated, abrasive, and down right rude sometimes. And for that, I make no apologies. It is the way I am. If I was any different, I'd be somebody else. But the other side of the coin is,..I'll help anyone, anywhere, anytime. Wether I like them or not. Sometimes I sneak in and stir the pot too, but if I post something, you can bet I have good reason to believe it to be true. And if anyone ever has a problem with me, or the way I do things,...please,...
don't hesitate to slap me around. I am stubborn, but I can, and frequently do change my mind about things. Especially with the help of folks who are more experienced than I. Like I said before, "I think I can take it". I'm not the smartest guy in the world either, but I do listen. I always want to learn. To me, there is nothing more important, than unlocking the mysteries of couperi. If someone's feelings are so hurt by me pointing the flying fickle finger of guilt at them, that they can no longer bring themselves to post,....well, I don't know what to tell them. Maybe they need to spend more time with a therapist. As for the person about whom I am talking,...well,...I understand that this individual is a bit different, but then so am I. And I hold no grudges for being different. Although, had I known just how different, I probably wouldn't have said anything. But the fact remains that this person milked me for every penny he could, on a snake that was clearly not worth what he charged. And I believed that he did so, because he was hurting for money. If he had asked, I'd have been willing to give him some money. But he manipulated the sale to his advantage. So you live and you learn. Everyone knows who I mean. And everyone knows what I think now. So I won't bother him any more. You all have my word on that. And like I told Jeff, I would even go snake huntn with this guy if events worked out that way. And if he were to come over here and post, I would agree or disagree in a more respectful mannor. But I will never consider him to be worthy of my trust. Sorry, I just can't. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice,...ain't gonna happen.

At any rate, I want you all to know that I do appreciate all your input! I am extremely greatfull to all who take the time to come and visit this little corner of the universe, and share information, or ask questions. That's what this is for. To tell the truth, I don't have any grudges with anyone for posting over at K snake. It's a free country. But the issue of freedom, is what got me 86ed from over there. So I came here and started over. They kept pulling my posts for reasons I still don't quite understand. I saw others posting way worse stuff, which they left alone. So I got into a pissing contest with the powers that be. So here I am. And I'm glad to have you all here with me. So far the folks that run this website, have been nothing but kind. They have yet to pull any of my posts, or be disrespectfull with e-mail. Yes, it costs a couple bucks to register here, but what the heck. At least we don't have to worry about the forum patrol Nazis, arbitrarily censoring anything they personally don't like. As far as I'm concerned you can say whatever you want, however you want to say it. If my feelings get hurt,...I'll get over it. If your feelings get hurt,... you will too. The main thing is that we utilize the grey mushy stuff between our ears, and figure out every possible detail of the coolest snakes around. Spread the word,..kingsnake sux, faunaclassifieds rox! O.k., I'm done now.
T.

WebSlave
01-08-2006, 01:18 AM
Yes, it costs a couple bucks to register here, but what the heck.

The "powers that be" want to point out an inaccuracy in this statement. :)

It does not cost a penny to register at this site. It doesn't cost you a penny to post messages in most forums either. Matter of fact, you don't even have to pay a penny to post ads in the classifieds section. The only section that is restricted to paying members (minimum of $10 per year) is the BOI, and that is because I found it necessary to implement this to weed out a bunch of fake IDs that were posting garbage there and circumventing suspensions for rule violations. Here, anyone who has registered (for free, no less) can post at will.

Just thought I should clear that up before someone got the wrong impression.

And btw, before I moved to Florida, I used to keep and breed couperi myself..... Which I DO miss quite a bit.

thesnakeman
01-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Wooooops. Oh well, like we used to say in Germany, "machs nix". Not sure of the spelling, but it basically means, matters not. This is still the best forum in town, as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe when you get tired of the oppressive summer heat, the ridiculous traffic, the spring break idiots, and the hurricanes, you'll come back up here, and we'll sell you some more indigos! Thanks ! Later Gator,
T.

WebSlave
01-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Wooooops. Oh well, like we used to say in Germany, "machs nix". Not sure of the spelling, but it basically means, matters not. This is still the best forum in town, as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe when you get tired of the oppressive summer heat, the ridiculous traffic, the spring break idiots, and the hurricanes, you'll come back up here, and we'll sell you some more indigos! Thanks ! Later Gator,
T.

Well let's see...... the temps here this week are supposed to be in the mid 70s. I have lizards running all over the place. When I went to pull a cloth out of the car cover to wipe down my car, a green tree frog jumped out of it. And the other day the wife and I found a garter snake sunning itself near one of my bamboo groves. Hmm, not sure the *north* has as many attractions for me any longer.... :) I do miss the indigoes, but going back to the cold north would have me missing other things I'm likely not willing to give up.

thesnakeman
01-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Well, we have herps here too. I heard peeper frogs the other day, and I had all my snakes out in the yard to get some rays today. At last check it was 72 degrees. Personally I rather have my indigos, than all the tea in China!
T.