PDA

View Full Version : sticky fingers......

cutefaces
03-03-2006, 09:33 AM
it's my first time visiting this forum!!! i am thinking of getting a lizard of some sort, (preferably one with the cut sticky fingers!) however i have a bit of a modest budget, so if i'm looking for something easy to care for (never had one befor)and fairly inexpensive, what should i be looking for?

cutefaces
03-03-2006, 09:35 AM
ooops...i mean "cute" sticky fingers!!!!

Cat_72
03-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Tara, I just got my first 2 pair of Crested Geckos...and I am IN LOVE with them!!! Yes, they have the cute little sticky fingers, lol.....these pics were taken right after they arrived, and they have since colored up a lot, and I'm a crappy photographer, but it gives you an idea of how darn cute they are, lol......and they come in a wonderful rainbow of colors. These are an orange dalmatian and a fire.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/Cat_72/DCP_2622.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/Cat_72/DCP_2629.jpg

cutefaces
03-03-2006, 09:59 AM
the first time i saw a crestie was about5 months ago....( don't forget..i'm new to reptiles!!) and i was so fascinated by them..... i couldn't get over the big beautiful eyes and the diamond shaped, spikey head adn their sweet little hands!!!! i would not have thought of getting one right now, seeing as i just purchassed my fierst snake maybe two months ago....but i was taking my garbage out to the bin on sunday and low and behold......there was an empty aquarium sitting there with my name on it!!!! i looked it over, looked around to see if anyone was looking :bolt01: then i snatched it up...... of course it is in perfect condition and sitting in my livingroom, looking rather empty!!! then i started thinking.......HA,and thats never a good thing!! so my question for you is .....what is the cost of housing those adorable creatures, and not to forget, how is one and where should i look?!.......oh and thanks for the reply!;)

Cat_72
03-03-2006, 10:33 AM
I got mine from Garrick at crestedgecko.com . There's a fairly wide price range, depending on color, sex, etc, but there's probably one for everyone!! He's got a wonderful care sheet on them at his site as well. They are really pretty easy and inexpensive to keep, but of course I probably went overboard when getting their enclosures set up, and spent a lot more than is actually necessary, lol.....

cutefaces
03-03-2006, 10:39 AM
wow..thats great! colour wouldn't matter to me,i'm not picky as long as it is healthy, friendly is a MUST and not too skittish....other then that.....i'm easy!! how do i go about this now... ifi want to contact him, i'm in ottawa ontario... ( oh and i forgot to mention...i would like one that is fairly young!)

cutefaces
03-03-2006, 10:40 AM
your cresties r adorable btw!!!!!;)

Cat_72
03-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Thank you, lol. I think they are!!! :)

Just go to crestedgecko.com, all of his information is on there......I forgot you were in Canada though, I don't know if he is able to ship there or not, but it can't hurt to ask. He's in Wisconsin. There are quite a few good Crested breeders out there.....I chose him because Paul Sage recommended him so highly, he was just a great guy to talk to, and he's also a lot closer to me than some are (less time in transit for the lil guys!) I'm sure you can find what you're looking for.......just make sure you do your research on them, and know all you can about them before buying!!!

cutefaces
03-03-2006, 11:32 AM
thanks a lot!! i live for research!!!! my behind is numb most of the day from doing research on the net!!! it's a god send!!!! take care!!

-T;)