PDA

View Full Version : Misting System

number1steakfan
03-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Does anybody know any good sites that have ideas or plans on homemade misting systems

Junkyard
03-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Are you thinking of something similar to what they sell in pet stores for tanks, or something Home Depot shows off wrapped around a gazebo?

number1steakfan
03-10-2006, 03:30 PM
i think im going to buy the misting system from big apple herp it seems to be like a LLL reptiles mister anyone ever have 1

reptileswild
10-26-2008, 06:01 PM
LLL reptiles mister moisture only comes with one mister and you can only run 6 misting heads off of it. The system comes with a bucket, pump, timer, one misting head and some tubing. I sent it back because the pump hose ran to the bottom of the bucket thru a hole in the bucket lid..just seemed more of a pain on evaporation as well as filling.

Lucille
10-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Here's a site to look at, I got my mister off here:

http://www.cloudtops.com/

defcon222
10-26-2008, 09:18 PM
I made my own. The most expensive parts were the pump and timer ($40 for the pump and $20 for the timer). I bought a pump online (eBay). The pump are about 300 Gal. /Hr. (which is a little much, but it only cost slightly more). Screw in a 1/4" hose adapter (about $3-$6 at Home Depot/Lowe's) and attach the hose. I used the quick release type, rather than the barb fitting (personal preference). The hardest part was finding the misting nozzles. Worst case, you can order some online. Lowe's should carry some year round, but I found some at Home Depot first (though it’s only a seasonal item up here in Massachusetts). Run your line, T-ing off were need be (Lowe's sells cheaper T fittings-$3 per pack of 10, rather than Home Depot's $6 each). Then all you need to do is set your timer and plug it in and presto, homemade mister for under $100, and with the type of pump I used, expandable for the foreseeable future.

If you need pics, Let me know and I can get you some.