PDA

View Full Version : BIG Pits

starwarsdad
03-25-2006, 12:08 PM
I have heard about 7' plus bulls but have never seen one.

Let's see your pics of the really big boys and girls. Come on, I know you have them :raspberry

norsmis
03-25-2006, 12:10 PM
I am with you Dean. I would love to see some of the big pits. In fact, I am looking for a pit myself and would prefer one from a MONSTER line....

hhmoore
03-25-2006, 05:38 PM
I have seen some big bulls - a pet shop I bought from when I first got into the hobby got in a trio that was all 7ft +. Hey, Normis, I'd be willing to feed the heck out of my group before I sell them to you - I bet I could get both females over the six foot mark this year, lol.

norsmis
03-29-2006, 10:40 PM
Sorry Harald but I purchased a mean as heck Albino San Diego Gopher at the Richmond, VA show this last weekend. This guys spends all day I am home hissing and striking at the cage every time I get close. He is about 5 months old and 18" long. Will he calm down as he grows or can I count on a mean as Satan snake all his life? I don't have much experience with gophers or any pit except wild bulls down in Texas when I was a kid.

rockyballboa
03-30-2006, 12:58 AM
Not my snake fellas but i took the pic.Belongs to a friend of mine.Looks to be abit overfed by the previous owner.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/rockyballboa/showpart27.jpg

norsmis
03-30-2006, 05:23 AM
WOW!!!! That guy is HUGE!!!!!!! He must be eating large rabbits!

hhmoore
03-30-2006, 06:18 AM
Sorry Harald but I purchased a mean as heck Albino San Diego Gopher at the Richmond, VA show this last weekend. This guys spends all day I am home hissing and striking at the cage every time I get close. He is about 5 months old and 18" long. Will he calm down as he grows or can I count on a mean as Satan snake all his life? I don't have much experience with gophers or any pit except wild bulls down in Texas when I was a kid.
LOL. everybody should have at least one of those...don't you just love that hiss? One of my females (about 5 ft), is like that -tail rattling, hissing, striking, just generally carrying on like the sourpus she wants me to think she is. Somehow all the fuss stops when I reach in and pick her up. She's never bitten me. The male that I was given was described as mean, too - always hissing, biting, etc - but he rarely even shakes his tail. Mind you, this one was "so aggressive" that his previous owner wouldn't handle him without leather gloves.
Yours may, or may not, stop the vicious display...hopefully it will at least stop striking the cage. Make sure you have a good hide for him, that will help.

hhmoore
03-30-2006, 06:25 AM
Rocky - he's a MONSTER!! Beautiful, too.

rockyballboa
03-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks.I wish he was mine but Bulls are illegal to keep where i live.They are native species.I can collect them from the wild to keep but cant purchase a CBB from a breeder.Funny how that works,LOL.But i do have a Sonoran Ghost Gopher and plan to get 3 more this summer.
To see him check out my thread i just made.

hhmoore
03-30-2006, 06:04 PM
the male is the light colored one (hypo?), the darkest one is the hissy showoff
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/hhmoore/bulls3.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/hhmoore/bulls4.jpg

hhmoore
03-31-2006, 07:13 PM
so what do you think, is the male a hypo?

starwarsdad
04-01-2006, 12:49 PM
I have no idea, but he is a looker.

hhmoore
04-01-2006, 02:40 PM
I have seen some different hypo bulls - he looks like some of them, but not much like some of the others. There is one pictured on Home Grown Herps site, and I think mine looks a lot like him.

TheKingOfPrague
04-03-2006, 04:22 AM
awesome snake! I want one!