PDA

View Full Version : What does your setup look like?

Tere Salazar
04-06-2006, 01:27 AM
With so many different lizards covered by this forum and each having different husbandry requirements, there must be tons of different types of setups out there.

Tell us about your setup. What type of enclosure do you have (screen, melamine, tanks, etc.)? What kind of lighting and/or heat does your animal require? What kind of furniture do you use? Do you have to use any kind of humidifier?

DragonEye
12-19-2006, 12:39 PM
I am looking at getting a frilled Dragon, but i'm still researching and putting together a cage for it.

at the moment though i have a crested Gecko, and a Crocidial Gecko, their cage is a 24x24x24 with a flourescent light, and a heat lamp at the top, they both have 2 trees and a basking log that they lay on sometimes. otherwise they have a water dish, and a dish for things like meal worms and such to keep it a bit more clean in the cage.

they both seem to like the setup and spend alot of time either behinde the ivy on the wall or in the trees hiding.

I also have a Ball Python and he is only about 6 months old about 30". he is in a 48"x18"x20" tank, he has a little plastic enclusure he stays in most of the time, and i have 2 logs in there he trys to escape on all the time, and a large water bowl for him to wade in.

RabidSasquatch10
01-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Where do I begin??? lol

My Pac-man frog is currently enjoying a 20X10X11 enclosure. He has a water dish that he soaks in during the night, two plants to create foilage and to give him a place to hide when he is on the hunt. Also, I keep a nice background to add texture. He uses an 80 watt infrared bulb and he enjoys some jungle bark substrate.

My Turtles enjoy a 30X12X18 which is filled almost to the top with water. They bask under their heating lamp on a piece of 'land' that is attached by sucker cups and goes up and down depending on the water level. I use a fluval two to help filter the are along with two sucker fish who keep the area algae free. I am working on getting sand as a substrate and then investing in a softshell to keep them company.

My Tarantula enjoys a nice foilage background with jungle bark as a substrate and many different obstacles to climb around and hide in. His cage is also 20X11X11.

And finally for my favorite piece...my juvenile sav and his plated lizard buddy live in a 48X18X20 1/2 area. They live on 100% top soil and they have plenty of stuff to do. I have a large water bowl for soaking...a huge den area complete with tunnel that they sleep in. I have a tree, a rock, and a small log for exercising. The sav usually sits up in the tree for ultimate heat and the plated lizard chills on the rock.

That's about it! lol