PDA

View Full Version : Rise and Shine!

epidemic
04-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Well, the mercury is starting to rise a bit and I am curious to know what projects everyone is working on. Now, I do not mean breeding projects only, though I am sure we would all like to hear about such, but lets hear about planned acquisitions, enclosures, feeding routines or anything else that pertains to the captive husbandry of Drymarchon.
What are you going to be doing with your Drys this year??

Jeff

thesnakeman
04-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Jeff,
It all hinges on wether or not SOMEBODY gets HIS permit!!!
T.

epidemic
04-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I have to got off the pot! ;0)

Jeff

BWSmith
04-12-2006, 02:36 PM
They are being drafted. Anything with a regulatory agency takes forever. But all of the other permits are in renewal, so I am hoping they will just get it all done at the same time.

thesnakeman
04-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Jeff,
Jee wiz, do ya think!? Its only been a year that someone has been promising me some Mexicans. Like my dad, an old retired Navy Cheif, used to say,...either s**t or get off the pot!

Unlike some people, my snake room is very small. So I am very limited on space. Each and every square inch must be planed out, and is accounted for. Different animals have different spacial needs. And it is not possible to do the math until I know what animals I'm going to have, and have not. It would REALLY be nice if someone would let me have the snakes Iv'e been promised, and get their permit so I can give them the snakes I have promised, so I can finally know what I have, and get my snake room squared away. Some day I will have a large facility where I am at leisure to expand at will. But right now, I'm stuck with a spare bedroom as the snakeroom. So a lil help,...please,....PLEASE. After all, it has been a year.
T.

BWSmith
04-13-2006, 09:30 AM
:nopity: :nopity: :nopity: :nopity:

:raspberry

thesnakeman
04-13-2006, 09:36 AM
B.W.,
That's cute. I like that. My heart pumps purple piss for you too! But I wasn't refering to you. I know your situation. The person I'm talking about is just dragging his feet. He is a busy guy, with many exuses, all of which, I'm certain are valid, but,...self inflicted. Like we used to say in the Army. The maximum effective range of an excuse is ZERO METERS!
T.

epidemic
04-13-2006, 09:38 AM
C'mon T, they aren't even a year old yet! ;0) You know I like to hold onto them as long as possible before letting go! ;0)
Man, I can get this kind of grief at home! So much for the forum becoming my sanctuary! LOL
Just make certain you have room for at least 1.1 D. m rubidus, 2.2 if you have the space. The babies are a bit smaller than D. couperi and growth is a bit slower, in my experience, but they will require an enclosure the same size as your adult D. couperi within two-three years.

Thanks,

Jeff

epidemic
04-13-2006, 09:44 AM
You know I have a lot of worthwhile projects on my plate, self inclicted? YES, definitely, but all are for very good causes.
Now, to throw a wrench into an already hectic schedule, I have been dealing with Nissan for the past three weeks, trying to get my wife's brand new Titan 4x4 back on the road! Yeah, it's still in the shop! I only drove it for two weeks and it has now been in the shop for three! I gotta have a car to get to the post office! ;0)

Jeff

thesnakeman
04-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Holy crap that's fast! All three of us must be at the computer right now. You two need to pick up the phone and talk!

As for the other deal, I'll take all you want to give, and return the favor with that many couperi. You just have to get busy and send in your paperwork. Hell, I'l do it for you. You'd just have to sign it, and send it in.
T.

BWSmith
04-13-2006, 09:49 AM
mmmmmmmm rubidus

I am having to rethink the layout of my nonvenomous room to accommodate some 8' cages. In actuality, I think that I am going to move the gator out of the venomous room and set up the couperi project in there where I can have a small window directly over the enclosures for ventilation. Also make it easier as that room gets brumated usually. That will do until I can finish more space on the unfinished side of the basement and build a room just for couperi.

thesnakeman
04-13-2006, 09:50 AM
As for dealing with Nissan,...good LUCK!!! You will be better off to trade it for a Toyota. Trust me,...been there, done dat! FO SHO! Those jackasses jerked me around the same way. They don't want to honor the warenty, and they will find any excuse to weasel out of it. Trust me, trade for a toyota!
T.

BWSmith
04-13-2006, 09:50 AM
You know I have a lot of worthwhile projects on my plate, self inclicted? YES, definitely, but all are for very good causes.

Less than 5 projects going at once is boring ;)

thesnakeman
04-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Yup, that's the way it is here too. One f***ing thing after another!

Hey Jeff, which Nissan dealership is it,...I'll call them up, and put the fear of possible tragic circumstances in them. That usually does the trick! Trust me, I know how to talk to these people. Sometimes nastiness gets better results!
T.

thesnakeman
04-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Jeff,
I just realized, that the time we wasted with this freindly banter could have been spent with me eating breakfast, and you getting that permit application together. I'm just sayin,...
T.

epidemic
04-13-2006, 10:10 AM
I can think of seven projects I have going on right now, off the top of my head, not including work and home remodeling! LOL
The rubidus are a joy to work with B.W., but you may want to wait and see what I have coming down the pipe, I'm keeping the project a surprise for now, but I should have them by the latter part of May and will post photos then, stay tuned folks cause you'll only see (?) here! I'm curious as to whether or not anyone will know what they are! ;0) I suppose that makes eight projects off the top of my head! LOL
Tony, I may have to bring part of my collection up for you to babysit. My wife is getting a bit carried away with our remodeling project and it looks as though she wants to double the size of my Drymarchon room! ;0) Of course that is subject to change, since she was nailed by one of my female BT cribos yesterday, while handling it outside. I didn't believe her at first, but she had the proof! Fortunately, she thought it was funny...

Jeff

thesnakeman
04-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Sounds like a keeper!

epidemic
04-13-2006, 10:19 AM
I have the permit completed, again! Just have to get it sent out.
Are you going to be around this evening? If so, I will give you a call..

Jeff

BWSmith
04-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Ohhh, a secret project. hmmmmm. Don't know what it is, but I think I can safely say "Put me on the list" ;)

epidemic
04-13-2006, 10:26 AM
You got it, B.W,

And you might be happy to hear that you won't need permits for them!

She's definitely a keeper, T.,

Any woman who enjoys aggressive Drys, especially adult WC YT's, doesn't mind cleaning enclosures, thawing out rats, recording egg measurements and placing them into the incubation box or checking them daily is a keeper, but when she actually wanted to double the size of my Dry room, well, that takes the cake! ;0)

Jeff

BWSmith
04-13-2006, 10:33 AM
ok, that is contractually binding ;)

I can relate to a good woman. With the exception of the laundry area, the basement is mine. We have have a house rule of any purchases over $200 we discuss, but there is the reptile exemption :dgrin: It was also her idea to build out another room in the basement specifically for couperi. Plus a gotta love any woman who will give a 4', 8 pound Cottonmouth an injection :)

BWSmith
04-13-2006, 10:40 AM
chat room would be faster ;)

How about a chat session on IF chat? What ever time works for ya'll. I am in Eastern Time, but don't go to bed until 2am.

epidemic
04-13-2006, 10:43 AM
I might fall behind, since I'm on dial-up, but I will give it a try, lets say 2100hrs Estern time?

Jeff

BWSmith
04-13-2006, 10:51 AM
works for me. Once the applet is loaded, you should not have any real lag. If you use IRC i can give you the info to connect.

thesnakeman
04-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Let's see,...21:00 eastern, is 20:00 central. Got it. Be there, or be square. www.indigosforever.org I was just over there, by the way. Now I'm gonna go eat some breakfast before my stomache eats ME!
T.

thesnakeman
04-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Well, so much for breakfast,....I just checked on my females, and Gidny is LAYING EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOPEEDOOPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LATER GUYS!
T.

epidemic
04-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Not bad for a greenhorn! LOL Guess you could always eat in the snake room!

Jeff

epidemic
04-13-2006, 11:18 AM
If you would, go ahead and forward me the connection info..

Thanks,

Jeff

BWSmith
04-13-2006, 12:17 PM
That is fantastic Tony! Hope you got the incubator set up ;)

Jeff, IRC info:
Network is irc.sorcery.net
Channel is #indigosforever