PDA

View Full Version : Solomon Island Ground boas. Anyone working with them?

norsmis
04-12-2006, 06:29 PM
I am wondering of anyone here works with Solomon Island ground boas? I have only seen these around a few times and they look interesting but have really only seen one person working with them, Jerry Conway. WHy arent these more popular?

Junkyard
04-12-2006, 07:21 PM
These are fairly new in the herp world are they not? From what I have read about them, most of the snakes sold are wild caughts. I heard they are great tempered even wild, so it may take a bit for them to catch on. I think they are nice looking snakes, I would not mind owning a couple myself.

norsmis
04-12-2006, 07:53 PM
I know Jerry Conway has been working with these for years and many CBB babies to sell. I did a little reading and found out they are hard to get switched over to rodents as they are lizard eaters. This may have something to do with the lack of attention....

Junkyard
04-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Hmm, I learn something new everyday.

AncientDNA
04-13-2006, 09:52 AM
I've been interested in them for a long time, but there are always more rosyboas to buy...
I originally learned about them in a Reptiles mag article where a screaming white phase was on the cover. That was a long time ago and it has always shocked me that more people aren't getting into breeding them. They have such an interesting array of color variations.
I might still get a pair someday...