PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have bought or rent

old guy
05-07-2006, 03:11 PM
homes with a place for your reptiles being paramount. I mean as to where you could turn a room or outbuilding or a garage and or basement into your reptile keeping quarters. Of the past 3 homes purchase and before that of the past 7 home/apartment/condo/duplex rented places i can say that 7 was with this in mind. But I have actually turned down homes and rental places because of the same very reason of not having a specific room or what that would suffice as such.

old guy
05-07-2006, 03:14 PM
laws of purchased homes and rent of townships and that is why I really posted this on this forum. Sorry.........

homes with a place for your reptiles being paramount. I mean as to where you could turn a room or outbuilding or a garage and or basement into your reptile keeping quarters. Of the past 3 homes purchase and before that of the past 7 home/apartment/condo/duplex rented places i can say that 7 was with this in mind. But I have actually turned down homes and rental places because of the same very reason of not having a specific room or what that would suffice as such.

shrap
05-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Well my current home was bought with my infant daughter's needs in mind, she is 11 years old now.

Next Summer when we relocate to Florida, the house I buy will strongly be determined by its ability to meet the housing needs of my reptiles.

SIRS
05-07-2006, 03:28 PM
i purchased my home about a year ago tottally on the room it had for my snakes which now seems not enough but i have roughly around 1000 or so square feet just for them and thats not going into the living area ..next house will be much bigger maybe with room in back for a actual building

Art Klass
05-07-2006, 08:21 PM
We purchased a house with a 1600 sf basement where I keep my snakes. It's really perfect for them. It's always humid and there is a gas heater down there. As soon as I saw it I knew the house was perfect.

Golden Gate Geckos
05-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Well, the last two houses we bought (in the past 12 years) had a pre-requisite for a room entirely for my geckos. I promised to keep my hobby, which is now a business, contained to one room. HA HA HA!!!

snakebiteAZ1
05-08-2006, 10:56 AM
to Arizona because of all the cool Herps here, but i got 3.3 acres to boot, and that is where i have my 800 sq.ft. snake building.. The things we do to enjoy our hobby/business!!!! Keep up the cool posts, i like to see what everyone is doing out there... Mike :hurray:

Jungle Gems
05-08-2006, 11:43 PM
We just purchased a home with a small amount of acreage and a 1200 sq. ft. outbuilding with a kitchen and seperate room with a shower (great for aseptic techniques and quarantine). We will also be building an aviary on the property, so the home suits our needs well and it's very secluded. Like others mentioned, we knew it was "our" house as soon as we pulled into the driveway!

old guy
05-09-2006, 07:31 AM
I haven;t been the only one. I also have been fortunate to have had acreage and outbuildings. When we were transferred here from Missouri we had to rent for one year in order to find a out of city limits ( one reason was my venomous collection the other was because of our breeding stock of parrots ) home. We were lucky with patience. BUT ! > even though lucky in that sense, not lucky with the new bill been passed on my venomous. ( read the requirements of passed bill of Kansas on venomous of Kansas on state laws forum ). I have the insurance liability requirement but for some one coming in here saying that I need a 3-4 foot cage for a massasauga that has had a 2 foot cage for 7 years........

dirty_harry
05-09-2006, 06:29 PM
LOL... decisions on where I live are made pretty much SOLELY on the ability for me to house and raise as many snakes and rats as possible :p

Mooing Tricycle
08-02-2006, 11:43 AM
This is actually a good post, Recently Gordon and i went with his mother and sisters ( and thier boyfreinds) to check out a house that we would all be living at and paying for. The top apartment would be Gordon and I's and the Large Barn that is there ( and already half converted) would be his oldest sisters place of living. But the place has 7 acres and, if building is allowed and such, wed have plenty of land to build a house on down the road. Around here, land is the most expensive thing a person can buy, so when we hear Half a million dollars for this place and 7 acres. we want to really jump at it.

but its all in the thought stages right now, and as much as id like it to be a reality im not so positive its going to happen just yet.

For the moment we rent an apartment though :P theres enough room for several snakes and their enclosures, but i WANT more room! i dont think theres ever enough room if you got the addiction for these animals!!

It does make me excited to see how young alot of you are and youre already out buying houses. Its gives me hope that i too will own a house one day!

Bill_Leverton
08-05-2006, 07:30 PM
This is actually a good post, Recently Gordon and i went with his mother and sisters ( and thier boyfreinds) to check out a house that we would all be living at and paying for. The top apartment would be Gordon and I's and the Large Barn that is there ( and already half converted) would be his oldest sisters place of living. But the place has 7 acres and, if building is allowed and such, wed have plenty of land to build a house on down the road. Around here, land is the most expensive thing a person can buy, so when we hear Half a million dollars for this place and 7 acres. we want to really jump at it.

A 1/2 mill for a house and barn on 7 acres :rofl: I'm glad I live in NY I paid less Then a $100,000 for 2 houses 1 with a 3 story barn on 27.5 acres and the other on 5.5 acres with a small barn both are set up for my boa needs. Yes when looking for a house my Boas come first.

Tim Cole
08-06-2006, 12:00 AM
on 2 acres outside the city limits in which I converted a 2 car detached garage to a automated systems snake building. We also have turtle and tortoise pens, a turtle room in the house, and a tortoise barn being built this month.