PDA

View Full Version : What to do what to do

ravensgait
05-08-2006, 11:28 AM
OK this forum is all but dead for the few who vist here what do you think would help get you here more often and would bring others here. Randy

tandy4000
05-16-2006, 09:12 PM
i've been thinking for a while about this issue. Both the garter forum & the other snakes forum get few posts. I think that Rich should just blend the two into one forum called other snakes. It might need two moderators, but only for the reason that its hard to know a lot about all the obsucre snakes in the world that could come up in the forum.

I love garters, but the fact is that they are just so common that no one really cares about them.

SIRS
05-16-2006, 10:16 PM
if any one would like to send over a garter,water or ribbon snake to me i would be here more often ...lol..just throwing suggestions out there guys lol..good luck with the forum

ravensgait
05-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Danial, one real drawback to your suggestion is that then instead of two forums without many post we'd have one without many post :)

One thing I've found on forums with good participation is that the members are there not only to talk about say Garter snakes but to hang out and talk with people they like and respect.

If your visiting this thread why not talk to your friends and get them to drop in here?

I guess it's like this- You can make this forum into what you want it to be, as long as those who post here follow the rules of this site you can make this what YOU want it to Be. I can schedule a chat room and time if enough here want that, I can ask people to come in and chat IE experts that you suggest(and they are willing)

Tell me what it is that this forum needs to get it going? most all of us have owned these snakes at one time or other so there is no lack of people with some experience in keeping them so where are they? Tell me what you want and I'll see what I can do..Randy

tandy4000
05-17-2006, 07:14 PM
I'll say it again: I feel that garters are looked down upon. They are cool, but so common no one thinks of them. Are there any other forums about garters on the internet that get lots of action that we could snag ideas from? I honestly probably wont participate in any chats because i'm more interested in kings. I'll PM Rich and see what he thinks of merging the two forums, I still think its a good idea.

aliceinwl
05-17-2006, 09:48 PM
The kingsnake.com garter forum gets a decent amount of traffic. Garters have few things going against them: they tend to be more nervous, their musk is among the foulest, and it can take a little work to get them going on an appropriate diet. That said they are still wonderful snakes, and are definitely the most personable snakes in my collection and with a little persistence their "faults" can be overcome. For many, they are also first snakes, and this site seems to cater to a bit more advanced set of keepers than many of the kingsnake forums. I personally like having a separate garter forum, even though many of the posts are by new keepers, having the garters in a separate forum ensures that new posts get noticed and not buried amongst all of the myriad "other snakes". I think that moving them to the other snake forum would snuff out all dialogue on them entirely.

-Alice

ravensgait
05-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Danial not much help but ask Rich his thoughts on the matter can't hurt.

Alice thanks for the reply but I'm trying to find a way to get this forum going. No it doesn't need 100 hits a day but a few would be nice :)

Sure Garter's are not the glamor snakes but most everyone into snakes has had one at some time. Most questions here as Alice pointed out are from those who are new to the hobby, I just hope that those who have more experience keep answering their questions.

So what can we do to pick things up a little bit around here??? Randy