PDA

View Full Version : BIG, BAD, MEAN YT CRIBOS, a Texan too!

epidemic
05-31-2006, 05:33 PM
YEAH RIGHT! They say a picture is worth a million words. Here's my 8 year old step-son with an 8' YT Cribo, from Don Bordner's '03 clutch. I have four others and all are puppy tame.
What the heck, thought I'd throw in one of Bubba too! He's a massive Texas Indigo I received from Dr. G a couple of years ago. He should top 9' and 15lbs by summer's end!

Enjoy,

Jeff

ldydrgn
05-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Very impressive, Jeff! Beautiful Cribo and an adorable boy to boot. I like the kitty in the background, too, lol.

thesnakeman
05-31-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey! Put that cat back in the house where it belongs! I love my cat, but she NEVER EVER goes outside. And she is perfectly happy and healthy. Cats outdoors kill everything, including song birds, and herps.

Nice snakes though. And the boy looks like a good kid. You should bring him fishin with us. I'll use him for fish bait.
T.

Art Klass
05-31-2006, 07:57 PM
They're awesome Jeff! Thanks for sharing. Is your boy a young herper?

epidemic
06-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Sportster, the cat in the background of that photo is an extremely geriatric cat, declawed too. He is more like a house dog than a cat, as he goes outside with us and comes back in with us, never out alone or out of sight.
Now, my wife has two other cats she brought home from her clinic, but they are not allowed out for the reasons you indicated.
Personally, I believe I am quite well versed regarding the issues surrounding domestic cats allowed to roam freely and feral cat populations, as such pertians to native wildlife. After all, I was part of the drafting of legislation, within the City of Little Rock, which pertains to feral cats and urban wildlife and I did not enter such blindly. ;0)
He, my step-son, enjoys herpetofauna, until it's enclosure maintenance time, but he now realizes that is all part of the responsibility of keeping any animal in captivity.
Thank you for the kind words everyone, just had to show that not all YT's are bad creatures! ;0)

Best regards,

Jeff

thesnakeman
06-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Jeff,
I know. I'm just picking on you. One of these days we'll have to take 22s and go cat hunting. LoL I do it here all the time. Trouble is, every time I kill one, 2 or 3 more take it's place. I don't know where they all come from. It's as if Scotty beems them down from space!
T.

epidemic
06-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Law enforcement takes one off the street and there are three or four more taking their place! Too bad they simply do not shoot them, save the public a lot of money in court costs and keeping them incarcerated. ;0)
Unfortunately, there are always going to be irresponsible pet owners and cats thrive on their own, unlike dogs.
When I come up, I'm not wasting any time hunting cats, I want to get some flies wet, or try out a new ultra-light I recently acquired…

Best regards,

Jeff

thesnakeman
06-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Jeff,
Don't worry bro,...I know you get it. But there are many folks out there who don't! I could tell you some animal control stories that you just would not believe!

The reason they don't simply shoot them,...{like I do},...is because the nuts of PETA, and The Humane Society would have a fit! The Humane Society is one of our worst enemies. They hate us. And I reciprocate that sentiment! Fortunately out here where I live, I can get away with it. I am making some head way though. There aren't nearly as many now as there were before. I recommend all herpers go out and buy a small animal live trap. Then go down to the local pawn shop, and buy yourself an old .22 caliber rifle. Use tuna for bait.

Cats in the house can be wonderful companions. I love mine very much. She actually helps keep my blood pressure down. But I agree that we all should do our part in cleaning up the mess which man created in the first place.

Anywho,...I'm ready to go fishin whenever you are! We are going on a float trip tomorrow. You can bet I'll bring a pole!
T.