PDA

View Full Version : Adult Female ball python

Bob Kite
06-24-2006, 03:45 AM
I just picked up this adult female ball python from a pretty horrific home, when I got there she had absolutely no water and her substrate was literally her own feces, not to mention not a heat source in sight, this girl has DEFFINATELY been through some rough times and I am surprised she has made it as far as she did b4 i got the call to come pick her up. I am putting her up now but she definately won't be ready to be shipped for atleast a couple weeks, she has a pretty bad shed stuck on her and I am soaking her right now as I type this out. She will be making a trip to the vet first thing next week. This girl NEEDS to go to a good home, that being said, I am NOT just going to adopt her out to just anyone, I want a SINCERE person to take her and give her the home she deserves, this girl has been through enough and I don't want her to have to go through anymore. I would really just keep her myself, but, I simply just do not have the room to keep her long term. She is currently 1100 grams but looks like she should be more in the 1500-1600 gram range if she was fed properly. Once I get her through this bad shed issue and the vet gives her a good bill of health then she will be ready to go. So, if your interested in providing this girl with a good home, please EMAIL or CALL me so that we may talk, if your a first time snake owner or under the age of 21(unless I personally know you), or just have dollar signs in your eyes because she is a female, don't even bother to email me. I am not trying to be rude, but she MUST go to a home where she will be properly maintained and cared for, and I WILL require proof of such before I make a decision as to who she will go to. I have pics for anyone SERIOUS in adopting her. there WILL be a $65.00 adoption fee to cover SOME costs incurred by the vet visit(s) and you must be willing to pay for all shipping costs. if you are serious and would like to provide a good home for her, then please EMAIL or CALL me.

Bob Kite
bob@odysseyreptiles.com
(515)-556-2961 (if no answere, please leave a message and i will call you back)

Bill & Amy
06-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Email sent Bob.

darkbloodwyvern
06-26-2006, 02:19 AM
good luck with her! thanks for being cool & rescuing the poor lady. please keep us updated if you can on how she is and when she's adopted :D
bless you for your kindness

sweety314
12-03-2006, 06:02 AM
Even tho' the thread is older---Did U find a home for her??? I have some spaces available in my rack and another individual tub w/ UTH and all the goodies. Our pets are spoiled rotten :yesnod: and she'd be joining a family of 14 snakie babies that include 3 other Balls. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

RuLyn

Wolfy-hound
12-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I'd like to know how she did, did she find her good new home? Poor girlie, and good on ya for giving her that second chance.
Wolfy

Bob Kite
12-03-2006, 12:33 PM
I probably should have updated this a while back, but in the end I just decided to keep her. She has made great progress since I originally posted this and has been feeding consistently and is currently over 2000 grams. My wife kind of fell in love with her so we ultimately decided to keep her here as a pet only. If we do decide to adopt her out again she has already been spoken for by someone that not only is local to me but someone I trust will give her a good home. Thanks for all who inquired.

Cat_72
12-03-2006, 03:34 PM
So glad she's doing well for you, Bob!!! I kind of thought you may have gotten attached to her. ;)

jasonj380
09-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Hey this jason james from newton. Its been along time since firestone. I remembered you told me you sold snakes and i was looking for a baby ball python. I was wondering if you knew anything. My email is jasonj380@yahoo.com

darkbloodwyvern
09-09-2007, 11:43 PM
congrats on her recovery, it's so nice to see a successful resue! :D