PDA

View Full Version : Hognose handling

unidaddy
06-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Hi everybody,

I think this could be a poll, but I didn't dare try to construct one and screw it up (I'll learn in the "test" area). I'm curious, how frequently do you handle your hognoses (Western, Southern, Eastern, Tri-Color, Mexican, Madagascar: Please specify)?

I have a Western and I handle him daily (sometimes a couple or more times/day) except when he has had a meal (I let him settle for a day and a half). I'm worried about stressing him, but don't see any signs of that happening. He eats well and seems happy (in that snakey sort of way).

Thanks. --Bob

Kkin924
06-27-2006, 04:24 PM
I Handle my eastern Two times a day and when it eats i do not handle it for two days and a half just to make sure it is done digesting. If its eyes turn blue glossy color i do not handle it because it is about to shed and that will stress it really bad. Then I wait one day after it is completely done sheding before I handle it again.

Jonn

ladyserpent7
06-27-2006, 08:38 PM
i handle my snake whenever i get the chance, mostly every day...sometimes for hours at a time..and she loves it...just like john said...i dont handle her when shes in her shedding period..it never seems to bother her, cuz sometimes i do it accidently..but i still dont want to disturb her....but right when i see shes shed i play w/ her because shes sooo shiny and pretty and i like to admire her :)...i usually wait a day afters shes ate to handle her again