PDA

View Full Version : Kritterz Sauna Zone Heat Mats

Nero557
06-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey, I just purchased one of these, and compared to my Exo-Terra Heatwave Heat Mats, I kinda like it better. The heat seems more spread out and it seems to hold the heat in the cage better. Just my opinon though. I'd appreciate anyone else's opinions on these, and also if they know places to buy them besides petco, like online places. Thanks -Art-

critical bill
06-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey, I just purchased one of these, and compared to my Exo-Terra Heatwave Heat Mats, I kinda like it better. The heat seems more spread out and it seems to hold the heat in the cage better. Just my opinon though. I'd appreciate anyone else's opinions on these, and also if they know places to buy them besides petco, like online places. Thanks -Art-

Is there a difference in the wattage between the two that could be making it feel hotter and hence more evenly distibuted?

Nero557
06-28-2006, 10:09 PM
That's a fairly good question to ask, I don't know why I didn't even look for that when I purchased, I mean I was in a hurry and they didn't have the exo terra ones that I normally purchase... Now that you mentioned it, I was looking for it and on the box, on the petco website, and a few other sites, I can't find the wattage of any of the mats... So, you are probably right in being a higher wattage, but I'm not really sure.

critical bill
06-29-2006, 12:52 PM
The reason I mentioned that is just recently a customer of mine had switched all of his heating products over to what he thought was a better designed product when in fact it was just a higher wattage element. With the sheer volume that he switched over...he never recalculated the added wattage and was on the verge of overloading his thermostat.

Mind you I don't really know the size or extent of your heating changes, or if an upgrade to your thermostat would be necessary, but I thought I should mention it for safety sake if your changes are going to be made on a grand scale.

(For the record his difference for heating on one cage was +7 watts. Multiply that by 50 and he gained +350 watts to his thermostat load. He has somewhere in the neighborhood of about 300-400 cages I believe.)

Good Luck and great chatting with you.....

Nero557
07-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it, I wouldn't want anything to happen to my babies, I only have 3 bp's right now, but I see how that could make a huge difference.

MGReptiles
07-01-2006, 01:47 PM
That's a fairly good question to ask, I don't know why I didn't even look for that when I purchased, I mean I was in a hurry and they didn't have the exo terra ones that I normally purchase... Now that you mentioned it, I was looking for it and on the box, on the petco website, and a few other sites, I can't find the wattage of any of the mats... So, you are probably right in being a higher wattage, but I'm not really sure.

You should look around on the package itself or even on the pad and sometimes on the power wire for the pad it will have the wattage of the element..

Nero557
07-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Sorry it took me a while to respond, yeah you were right, it's on the pad by the wire, it's double the wattage of the other pads I have, but it still seems quite a bit hotter than I would assume the other brand of pad would be even at the same larger size.... I don't know, I'm not a whiz on snakes, I'm more of a lizard guy, but I do love my pythons and am trying to learn as much as I can about them so they can have the best life possible.