PDA

View Full Version : Snow rosies

AncientDNA
07-17-2006, 10:37 AM
What are people's thoughts on the snow rosies?
Some people love them and some hate them.
Though the whitewater x borrego snows and the coastal snows aren't pure white, I really like the way their pattern is almost see-thru. I think the coloration is very similar to the hypo-pigmented San felipe rosy.
Pics comparing the snow rosy to an albino WW and of a hypo-pigmented(ghost) San felipe are below.
Does anyone have pics of the pure white snow rosy line? I've seen newborn pics, but no one has ever posted pics of sub-adult or adult snakes. I know the animals exist!
As I understand it, neither the breeder nor the company brokering his rosies maintain a web presence, but I may be wrong.
-JC

aliceinwl
07-19-2006, 12:06 AM
The snows do have subtle beauty, but I find the high color albinos much more striking. A white rosy would be awesome, I remember the babies showing up on KS, but I too have yet to see an adult. With all that natural variation present between different rosy subspecies and localities, I'm not quite as into the rosy morphs, but some of those high color albinos are just stunning (like the one pictured with your snow).

-Alice

John Cherry
07-19-2006, 11:40 AM
Have you seen the albino "coastal Rosies that Randy Limburg of California produced. When put side by side with the other strain of rosies they are abosolutely stunning.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms

AncientDNA
07-19-2006, 12:25 PM
That's my next photog session. That albino WW in the above pic just shed, so he will be at his best when put to shame by the Limburg albino. You're right, the Limburg strain of albinos is amazing.
Can't wait to see the snows his double hets should be cooking up.

John Cherry
07-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Can't wait to see your pictures.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms

AncientDNA
07-19-2006, 12:29 PM
I do have this pic of a Limburg albino next to one of Randy's line of anery Hemet's.

John Cherry
07-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Several years ago Randy was down for the ETHS show and he brought a few of the albino coastals with him. Tim Gebhart had a bunch of the San Felipe mixs with him and we placed them side by side for a few minutes. The difference in contrast and vibrance of colors was amazing. Espicially with the red eyes on Randy's animals. Randy sold out of his at the show and Tim still had quite a few left over at the end of the show. Even though at that time Randy was getting 850.00 ea on his and Tim was at 300.00.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms