PDA

View Full Version : Who We Are

joshdhensley
08-03-2006, 03:13 AM
Well, here's just another thread to try to keep things going in this room. I thought introductions would be nice. I am Josh and have been keeping reptiles for some time now. I currently have 2 yellow saharans, one pancake tort., one adult kenyan sand boa, and 3 beardies. Not to mention the cats and dogs. I enjoy keeping herps, but must say my real pleasure is field herping. Now, it's your turn!! Don't be shy.

Junkyard
08-03-2006, 09:14 AM
I too enjoy keeping animals, I currently have too many snakes to list, but I am keeping 12 different species, some I am using for breeding and some are just fun to have around. I started getting involved with lizards this year, before then I was a strictly snakes kind of person, it seems that those creatures with legs can be just as much fun. My number one pleasure in life has always been the beach, I used to be a beach bum, but life has turned me into new directions and I cannot spend time at a beach right now, so I recently started painting beaches.

JoshuaTrana
08-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Ok I have loved reptiles all my life and have kept them for a long time. I lived in the country in Oklahoma until I was eleven. I started catching turtles/tortoises when was like 3 and caught them for years, and when I turned six or seven I started catching lizards too, and I loved catching them because they were a much bigger challenge to catch then turtles/tortoises. Then I think when i was eight iwas picking up some follen limbs whith my dad and a little garter snake came out, and my dad caught it and told me to look at it and from then on I loved snakes but mom my cant stand snakes so I had to keep them outside and every now and then I would let them go and catch some more. My snake list include garters, ribbons, rough green, bull, rat, ringneck, some brown snake, and one time I caught what I believed to be a hybrid garter/ringneck, but one of my friends killed that one and I never found another like it. Then when I turned elevne I moved out of the country to town an dmoved every summer until last summer and reptiles had kind of dissapeared out of my mind, but then early this april I went to a friends house and we were looking around in his pasture and I caught a rat snake that was about 6 or 7 feet but we let it go, and since then I have been all over reptiles again. So far I have bought one albino leopard gecko, and a yellow nigerian uromastyx and have fallen in love with uormastyx and I plan on getting some more, and possibly breeding them. but that all has to be in free time as I am about to be a Junior in High School

melrep
08-04-2006, 12:50 PM
My name is Melissa
I breed Uro's and blue tongue skinks,
I have 3 different kind of uro's Egyptain, Nigerian,and my personal fav Mali's
I also have blue tongues and one boy beardie just for fun.
(and 2 cats and 1 dog)
Animals bring me alot of joy

Junkyard
08-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Melissa, the video of your Uros on your myspace page is pretty cool!!

kggjr
08-04-2006, 04:28 PM
HI my name is Dana
I had iguanas for a long time as well as monitors and decided to get out of it when I went to college, I started again after getting married and having children. We started out with beardies and moved to the Egyptian uros (love them) . We also have several ball pythons, corn snakes, millipedes , pet Guinea pigs, rats, two cats and a dog. Our dog is a service dog for our autistic son. I also have a daughter who will be six on 9/11 who loves all our reptiles, she handles them without fear. I enjoy relaxing by reading and playing with our children. Just a little about me.

Fener1
08-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Hello to all and it's great to hear all about your animals. It's also great for my sanity to hear that I'm not the only one with a million animals. I have three hunting dogs, two aquatic turtles, two uromastyx, four russian torts, a fresh water fish tank and a salt water tank. It's a zoo here too!
This is a great place I hope they don't shut it down! It's great to be able to talk to people who have the same enthuasiam about animals as I do. You all ROCK!
Fener

K-Ran
08-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Like many others, my love of animals and reptiles began as a child. Growing up in Fla, I loved to catch anoles and anything that moved. I have 2 Mali Uromastyx, 1 Blue Tongue, 1 Barred Salamander, 1 Fire Belly newt, 3 Crested Geckos, 1 Panther Gecko, 2 Leopards, 1 Panther Chameleon, 2 Red Foots, 1 Legless Lizard (belongs to my daughter), and my favorite is my pair of Corucia Zebrata. We also have a few things with fur. A Bull Terrier, 2 French Bulldogs and 3 Ferrets. Things with feathers include my Pionus and my African Grey. My hobbies include scooping, scraping poop and feeding things! I love sharing the joy of caring for things and watching them flourish with good care with my kids. Many of our things come to us without toes, feathers, feet or just in less than top condition. I think I have SUCKER stamped on my head!

Junkyard
08-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Good stuff. Karen, I do not see any pictures of your Uros in the photo contest, are you waiting until we are closer to the end of the month so you can blow the competition out of the water?