PDA

View Full Version : Baby rosy ?'s

aliceinwl
09-27-2006, 01:47 AM
My female borrego, Princess, had four babies on Saturday, Sept 23 :) They're all about a foot long and seem very healthy. How long does it usually take before they go through their first shed? I'm assuming, that they need to shed before I start offering food? I'll try to get pics posted soon. They're incredibly cute and I've already got a good home lined up for at least one after I get it eating.

-Alice

markface
09-27-2006, 05:08 AM
congrats on the babies !! from what i have been reading their first shed should be within a week to 10 days after birth . most recommend waiting til they shed to try feeding although sometimes they will eat sooner .

lds2
09-27-2006, 10:53 AM
My baja Rosy just had seven babies last Sunday. All seven are now in shed. My experience with baby Rosy's is that they will go into shed anywhere from 2 to 14 days from birth. Keep in mind that they will probably go off feed for a while with the winter coming up.

AncientDNA
10-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Have they shed yet? I love the Borregos. Post pics.
If they feed right out of the gate, then go for it. No need to wait 'till they shed. I fed my hypo Borregos a couple of hours after they were born. I think three of the six ate then and there. The others waited a few days.

aliceinwl
10-02-2006, 09:57 PM
No sheds yet. So far one has eaten. I'm going to offer again this week. I keep meaning to pick up some AA's for my flash. Hopefully, I'll get some pics up this week. It looks like 3 boys and 1 girl. A couple of them are pretty fiesty, is this something they'll outgrow?

-Alice

AncientDNA
10-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Don't ya just love that defensive posturing. Most won't bite, just tap you w/their nose. Effective tho the first time you come across it.
The vast majority will grow out of it.

aliceinwl
10-03-2006, 10:01 PM
That's good to hear! Mine actually bite :eek2: I have three adult borregos, two of which I raised from babies, and they're all sweet hearts and have been fom day one. Last night I got 3 to take frozen thawed (still one hold out) and while I was feeding one the others would be coiled up lunging at me. I was starting to worry Princess had given birth to a litter of psychopaths.

-Alice

Brendan E
10-04-2006, 01:40 AM
Cant wait for the pics.