PDA

View Full Version : New Reptile Supply Affiliate Site

scalyskins
10-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Hello All,

I recently finished my new website and was wondering if anyone had any comments or suggestions. The site is ....

http://www.scalyskins.com

This is an affiliate site for www.reptilesupply.com...

Thanks

Mike

Lauren Summey
10-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Very nice! :) You did a great job with it :thumbsup:

TripleMoonsExotic
10-11-2006, 04:43 PM
I agree, it's very well designed. :)

scalyskins
10-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks a lot for the comments. How was the navigation? I am working on category navigation, but its all done by hand with 1600+ products so its taking forever.....

TripleMoonsExotic
10-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Well, I wouldn't do sorting by Manufacturer. Many people don't know who makes what products. But since you're working on that, I guess that really isn't an issue. :)

Also, sort of off topic...

Is it really worth it putting all of this work into this site when it's a front for reptilesupply.com? Have you received affiliate funds succesfully through sales via your website? I signed up as an affiliate and after 3 months of not receiving a dime (when I know people were clicking what I had on my site and purchasing), I removed the link and am setting up a webstore for products I actually have in my posession & sell.

scalyskins
10-11-2006, 05:04 PM
I guess I have not heard if they were a reputable affiliate site or not. They offered a great deal of assistance with the setup so I assumed they would be ok to use. I may go buy something and see if they give me credit.

Anyone else have any experience?

I really dont want to carry stock, and I can't even touch thier prices so this seemed the logical choice.

Mike