PDA

View Full Version : Green Tree Frog Worries

FrogBond
10-28-2006, 12:14 PM
hey, I'm not new at raising green tree frogs, or any other kind of tree frogs for that matter, however Ive been noticing a lot of differences in one of my green tree frogs lately. She has been acting a lot differently, not as active, and always sits in the same spot.
besides that, she has been turning pure white. the inside of her legs are still green, and when i turn off the light, squirt her with some water, or hold her she sometimes changes back to green. when she changes back its imidiate.
i Have just gotten a new tank for her and her companion about 4 months ago, a 60 gallon hexagonal tank, and they seemed to be responidng well to it.
however, i have just gotten 5 new frogs, they are in different tanks, however my green tree frog spends all her time, day in and day out justs itting in the same place watching my waxy monkey tree frog. thats all she does, im suprised if i see her move once.
besides that when i take her out and her color returns shes fine
i was wondering if this is normal? is it because of the light? i have 3 different kinds, flurecent, provides calcium.
thanks,
lee