PDA

View Full Version : Mini Dachshund for sale Double dapple very rare

Theloveofsnakes
11-06-2006, 07:15 PM
I have 4 male brown and tan double dapples for sale 450.00 plus shipping
1 male White Very rare 900.00 1 female 600.oo that will carry the white gene in her puppies these are about 5 weeks old

Lucille
11-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Registration papers?
Shot records and vet visit?
Health guarantee?

Theloveofsnakes
11-06-2006, 07:25 PM
aca i think i know its not akc its the other one i cant think of the name of em sorry i know i suck but iw ould give a 30 day health warrenty on them and they will be up to date on there shots

Theloveofsnakes
11-06-2006, 07:48 PM
After checking it is A.C.A sorry i couldnt remeber they will come with aca papers and up to date shots and a 30 day health warrenty the only that is not refundable is shipping

slartibartfast
11-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Moderator, if this is innapropriate, please delete.

"Dashund" is spelled "Dachsund" and "rare white animals" are the predictable result of breeding two dapple (also called merle) dogs together.
The reason they are "rare" is that ethical breeders try not to produce them, since excessive whites are often blind, deaf, or both. Any breeder who not only produces excessive whites with frequency, but who brags about them as something special should be avoided like the plague.

I work in rescue with another high-merle breed (Catahoula Leopard Dogs), and this problem is common, resulting in many deaf and blind dogs being abandoned for somebody else (us) to take care of.

A good discussion of excessive white in Australian Shepherds (also a breed with a lot of merling) can be found here, just so ya'll don't think I'm full of poo: http://www.ashgi.org/articles/color_troub_merle.htm
And another one on the specifics of the inherited blindness:
http://www.upei.ca/cidd/Diseases/ocular%20disorders/microphthalmia.htm

This sort of breeding is typical in backyard-breeders and folks willing to exploit animals for money. Responsible breeders care about the health and welfare of the animals they produce, instead of how much they can sell them for.

Theloveofsnakes
11-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Moderator, if this is innapropriate, please delete.

"Dashund" is spelled "Dachsund" and "rare white animals" are the predictable result of breeding two dapple (also called merle) dogs together.
The reason they are "rare" is that ethical breeders try not to produce them, since excessive whites are often blind, deaf, or both. Any breeder who not only produces excessive whites with frequency, but who brags about them as something special should be avoided like the plague.

I work in rescue with another high-merle breed (Catahoula Leopard Dogs), and this problem is common, resulting in many deaf and blind dogs being abandoned for somebody else (us) to take care of.

A good discussion of excessive white in Australian Shepherds (also a breed with a lot of merling) can be found here, just so ya'll don't think I'm full of poo: http://www.ashgi.org/articles/color_troub_merle.htm
And another one on the specifics of the inherited blindness:
http://www.upei.ca/cidd/Diseases/ocular%20disorders/microphthalmia.htm

This sort of breeding is typical in backyard-breeders and folks willing to exploit animals for money. Responsible breeders care about the health and welfare of the animals they produce, instead of how much they can sell them for.

excsue me i take better care of my dogs then any fucking shelter ever will so dont try telling me im just out for money for a dog so kiss my ass both my male and female are champion blood lines and are in shows now

ms_ramie22
11-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Um, if your female's puppies are just 5 weeks old, how can she be in a show "now"?

Theloveofsnakes
11-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Um, if your female's puppies are just 5 weeks old, how can she be in a show "now"?

Prior to having her puppys she awas the male is still

slartibartfast
11-12-2006, 11:07 PM
I wasn't aware that ACA registered dogs could be exhibited in any standard confirmation shows. That's the registry used by puppymills and backyard breeders everywhere. They do list some show dates on their website...from 2002.

Their health cerfication program -only- requires the vet to sign off that the dog has a normal bite, that the eyes are free of "enthropion" (their misspelling, not mine) and that there is no -obvious- heart murmer or defect. Nevermind congenital cataracts, deafness, micropthalmia, liver shunts, kneecaps that won't stay in place, hip and elbow dysplasia, and the myriad of other genetic diseases that plague purebred dogs. They also accept and register dogs which have been rejected as breeding animals by the AKC and UKC due to carrying the above genetic disease.

The only legitimate registries in the US are the AKC and the UKC. The rest just exist because people will pay more for a "registered dog", not realizing that the paper is only as good as the enforcement behind it. It's incredibly saddening.

And point of information, I am not a shelter. I foster in my home for a national rescue group and all animals in my care have the best care possible, regardless of their origin. :-)

Dennis Hultman
11-12-2006, 11:39 PM
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90019

arcrist
11-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Well said!

As an owner of a dachshund, I think this person should have their breeding rights taken away.

Wolfy-hound
11-13-2006, 08:52 PM
You don't SHOW those animals unless they are AKC, which you stated they are not. Obviously they cannot be from champion bloodlines then. You couldn't "remember" what they were? Yet you showed them? Hmm.
And to resort to abusive language? Cursing? You should have a warning for using such language.
She is TOTALLY correct on the breeding of merle to merle, and I have seen and dealt with more than one result. I do not think you are evil to breed such dogs, but the genetics she quotes are perfectly sound.
In short, stop being such a juvinile. Stop trying to build up your animals to what they aren't. Just state the truth. You are breeding dachunds that are a seldom-seen color and you offer a 30-day health guarentee.
Showing that you have health checks on the parents, and offering a guarentee on genetic defects on the puppies would show a bit more maturity and sense too.
Personally, I only buy AKC, or I rescue them from a shelter.
NO ONE said you are "only in it for the money" nor did anyone disparage the care you take of the animals, so don't start spouting nonsense that you haven't been accused of.
Wolfy(who hates to have to be the voice of reason)

Cat_72
11-13-2006, 09:44 PM
I wasn't going to get into this one after the whole "white Boxer" discussion....but as soon as I saw this ad, I shuddered.

It is absolutely correct that Dachshunds should NEVER be bred dapple-to-dapple. Being "evil" has nothing to do with it....it comes down to ignorance of genetics and not caring if you are breeding sub-par animals just to make ones with pretty colors so you can sell them for more money to unknowing buyers. They are "seldom-seen" because any breeders with ethics will not breed dapple to dapple. If you aren't in it just for the money, and truly do care for your animals, you will educate yourself and stop breeding this cross. If not, well, you have proven that maybe the money IS a bit more tempting than the health of the animals.

But then, trying to scam people into buying "Pibald" snakes you don't really have pretty much says that already, doesn't it?