PDA

View Full Version : Sick Beardies pls help

Imaliszewski
11-13-2006, 02:37 AM
Hey all I have a juvi bearded dragon I have had him and another from the same clutch for about a month now one is doing fine, but the other has not really grown just gotten fatter, and now is REALLY sick he is extreemly lethargic he will perk up his head and just kinda fall back over and just lays there, I put him in his water bowl he drank some water and I picked him back up and there was a tiny bubble not sure why, he seems to have a very small cut it looks like on his underbelly and his vent is dirty, I feed him the smallest of crickets they get dusted once or twice a week he has 7% UV 12 hours on 12 off and warm spot in cage temp is 110, please help........

also I have 2 other juvi beardeds about 2 months old that seem to have a similar problem loss of appetite loss of weight almost always dark in color, seem to be getting a little lethargic, they recieve the same care as the beardie listed above.

help please!

c_a_w
11-17-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm by no means and expert as I am having trouble with my bearded dragon that I recently adopted and so I'm still learning. I am just wondering if you are feeding your dragons greens such as collard greens, kale, some veggies...etc with vitamins on them...it is very imp. that they get these. Are you gutloading your crickets? Do you give your beardies any silk worms, wax worms, etc.? They could be missing nutrition in their diet if you are not giving them these. If you are, I have no clue and no matter what, recommend taking them to a vet....Good luck!

faith91
11-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Please take them to the vet, it does not cost that much. They could have parasites or some other problem like impaction, I took in 3 and did stool samples for a reagular check up and it costed me $40.00 with meds, don't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Dragons
11-17-2006, 10:50 AM
This thread was moved to the Bearded Dragon Forum a few days ago.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90495

Imaliszewski
11-17-2006, 02:58 PM
I took them to the Vet not cheap out here 150$ but worth it anyways, just so you all know it was a internal parasite, Nemotode, probably from a cricket thanks

faith91
11-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Great! I'm glad you found out what is going on. Sorry your cost was so high, I guess I got a great deal, my friend told me about the vet and he was very nice. Wish I could send him your way, haha. Make sure you clean the tank very good and put paper down for a while and that should help. I also am very picky who I get my crickets from. Try to keep there housing area very clean, but sometimes it just happens. Good luck and best wishes.

Chris Steele
11-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Wow, here it is $14 for a full check up and fecal I think. So glad that you got rid of that parasite, good luck to you!

How often should I take fecal samples in?

Imaliszewski
11-19-2006, 02:37 AM
WOW 14$ I wish vets here in co were that cheap it cost me 55$ to see the lizard wich is required to run the fecal and then another 30 for the fecal check lol, if I could get it for 14$ I would do it every 3 months I think the recommended is every 3-6 months.
as all these nasty lil parasites can come from crickets and/or worms wich they eat