PDA

View Full Version : Corucia breeder exchange?

Kisha
11-15-2006, 06:35 AM
Hello everyone, I have been thinking for a while that we should have some way to connect with the other people who keep and breed this species. I am not all that computer savvy, but I just learned how to start a yahoo group. I thought it might be another way for us to stay connected to discuss issues that may not be appropriate for a public forum, like trades for example. I am running in to a situation where I have several single animals that I would like to get paired up, but do not want to "sell" them. I would much rather work with other breeders in my area to trade animals that match up for the benefit of the species. What do you think? I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to post the subscription info on this board, I don't want to step on any toes (or violate any rules), so I can email the subscription privately if anyone would like to participate. I think we should continue to have public discussions about care and management, I don't want to take away from that. I just hoped that this could be a way to stay more connected.

Kisha

seishin
11-15-2006, 01:40 PM
I already have a yahoogroup devoted to Corucia, called simply "corucia"... But you're welcome to set up another one if you like! ;-)

-- Celeste

jrbl
11-15-2006, 06:32 PM
That is a great idea. There is another yahoo group, called the "skink link" which is "for all owners and lovers of a species of lizard corucea zebrata,also known as the Solomon Island skink". That is Corucia, but with an "e" for some reason. I joined this group a couple of years back when I started researching Corucia. The group has not really had a lot of activity, and the activity it does have, seems to be sporadic at best. I would love to join if you start a new group. Josh