PDA

View Full Version : Fruit

Junkyard
12-06-2006, 11:53 AM
I am always trying to mix up the diet I feed my uros and wondering if anyone feeds theirs fruit. If so, what kind of fruit do you feed them?

Lucille
12-06-2006, 12:02 PM
I feed fruit. Something that I like and they like too is the canned seedless (drained) mandarin orange sections. The sections are small so they end up being easy to handle for the lizards. Sometimes the beardies will eat them also.

joshdhensley
12-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Mine don't really eat too much fruit. I offer them apples, pears , grapes and kiwi, but they don't really care for it. Their favorite is napa cabbage, though.

aliceinwl
01-01-2007, 10:33 PM
My chuckwallas aren't too big on fruit, but they can't resist fresh figs. We have a lot of fig trees so when they're in season, I have plenty. The Osbourne Prolific seems to be their favorite. It's not a fruit, but my male chuck also really likes baked yams.

-Alice

Digby Rigby
01-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Fruits should not make up more than 5-10% of their diets. Citrus fruit is generally something to be avoided as in Iguanas the citric acid isnt a good thing. Pineapples also for the same reason as citrus. Strawberry is high in calcium and a good choice. Best to avoid all prepackaged and canned fruits and vegetables use fresh.

Digby Rigby

Temporary email adddress balboa28279@mypacks.net