PDA

View Full Version : Monkey tree frog

FrogBond
01-13-2007, 01:31 PM
i have a monkey tree frog, mabe 3 months old, about 3/4's of an inch. She is my first monkey tree frog i have ever owned, so i am curious about everything this frog does. Recently she was in her cage and got spooked somehow, in which case she squirted, like any other frog. however, witht he clear fluid, orange stuff cme out, it was not fluid, rather dissolving powder liek substance, in the fluid. She has been acting normal besides that, i was just wondering what this was, excess wax? different poison? or am i just wondering about nothing.

thanks much,
Lee G

Red-Eye
01-14-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm guessing you own a "Waxy Monkey Treefrog", theres a whole bunch of treefrogs that are also classified as monkey frogs just so you know. I own Tigerleg & Tigerstripe Monkey Treefrogs, which I acquired this year as well. As for your question about the unknown substance, not really sure. The usual clear fluid is not urine, its there water reserve that is located in the same region as there clocoa (ass). There not poisonous and there lipid glands (wax) I beleive is expelled through their skin and not through there clocoa. If you really are worried about it I would shoot an email over to www.sandfiredragonranch.com
and ask them about your waxy, they are experts and have dealt with many species of frog.

Red-Eye