PDA

View Full Version : EVIL anole

SPJ
03-13-2007, 10:11 AM
How could something so small cause such a BIG problem?
He looks innocent. don't let that fool you.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/SPJ01/reptiles/lizards/DSCN0298.jpg
He is evil and making my life miserable. :NoNo:

I was getting him out of his enclosure yesterday and the fast little SOB jumped out of my hands. Well, he scooted under the door in the room and down the stairs to who knows where.

I still haven't found him and think the cat probably will first. :(

Needless to say, I found the line that should not be crossed with the wife (again). It's OK to have reptiles in the house (IN CAGES) but have one loose running around the house, and boy does it get tough.

I really hope I find this guy otherwise my wife is going to be perpetually mad at me since it's "somewhere" loose in the house.

I'm having flashbacks of the time one of my firebellies got loose without me knowing and she found it in the kitchen sink when she was picking up a dish to put in the dishwasher. The frog was fine but I still hear about that day. :ack2:

No more of these small animals that can disappear on me. :angry:

norsmis
03-13-2007, 12:25 PM
I was delivering a couple of milks (adults) and corns (hatchlings) the other day on a trade and one of the adult milks decided to take a tour of the new dodge grandcaravan. It took me and the other person an hour to dig her from underneath the carpet after disassembling the entire dash. Talk about BIG trouble from the wife if I had not found her!

texasnewbie
03-13-2007, 01:24 PM
I have a spiderling Tarantula wandering around somewhere, right now.

My OH is NOT happy, even though I've told him its not going to kill him, and its probably already dead from all the feet stomping everywhere. Swap your runaway anole for my runaway :ack2:

SPJ
03-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Swap your runaway anole for my runaway :ack2:

NOT A CHANCE. :rofl:

Having that running around would upset not only the wife but me as well. :rofl:

texasnewbie
03-13-2007, 02:43 PM
NOT A CHANCE. :rofl:

Having that running around would upset not only the wife but me as well. :rofl:

There you go then, tell her what my hubby has to put up with, and she might not be so hard on you :rofl:

catawhat
03-23-2007, 01:54 PM
OMG, rolling over here Steve! I have done the anole chase a few times to know what youare going thru- in my case though I was lucky that I didnt have a SO who lived in the house :rofl:

SPJ
03-25-2007, 09:51 PM
You know. I still haven't found this stupid thing (or heard the last of it) yet. :rolleyes:

techgirl
03-27-2007, 09:30 PM
would it help you feel better if I told you that I lost a pregnant gerbil? Man I am going to be in BIG trouble when the bf finds out.

boybronco
03-28-2007, 02:12 AM
I had anoles years ago and I had left the cage open once. My little guy was missing for two weeks solid and one morning he woke me up crawling across my face. :) He was ready to go back home, thin and dehydrated but he made a full recovery. Those guys are resiliant, especially if you've got a few crickets or bugs loose in the house.

iasc300
03-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Buy another one and put it in the cage- dont tell anybody- SSSHHHHH :yesnod:

techgirl
03-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Any luck yet with finding him? Fortunately I found the gerbil. Cats led me straight to her.

iasc300
03-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Is she still prego or did she give birth somewhere in your sock drawer?

Cat_72
03-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Any luck yet with finding him? Fortunately I found the gerbil. Cats led me straight to her.

Eh, did the cats catch her or did you?? :eek: :rofl:

techgirl
03-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Still pregnant. I managed to catch her before the cats could figure out how to get to her. They managed to corner her but couldn't reach her. When you got 3 cats paying attention to one spot, you know you got something good.

lizardsister2
05-15-2007, 02:53 PM
I've had a few interesting escapees myself. I started my love of reptiles while still going to school and living with my mother who is terrified of all reptiles and everything they eat. Needless to say since she is the one who hates them she's always the one who discovers something is loose.

One time she went to check on my baby leos for me and discovered that there was a wide enough crack in the sweater box for them to get out and they were both gone. Found one immediately, but didn't find the other one until hours later when I saw his little tail hanging out between the pages of a book in the very back of my closet. He was only 3 inches long total, still have no idea how i found him.

Another time my mother reached down to get clothes out of her drawer and looked back up to see a male crested gecko climbing up her wall. He had apparently been frightened by something because his tail was detached and jerking on the carpet beneath him. It took several minutes to make the screaming stop that time.

And then of course her personal favorite, I bought about 4 dozen superworms to fatten up some female leos and they managed to chew through their plastic container. All four dozen were loose, as I discovered just as my mother headed up the stairs and saw one crawl across the floor. All things considered, it's amazing that I and all my animals survived our cohabitation with my terrified mother.

SPJ
05-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Found it (or what was left of it) downstairs by the dryer. All hard and black.
Guess it went to find the heat and ended up dying.