FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   *BEWARE* Jim Stelpflug-Questionable Ethics (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616989)

Chris Kennard 04-26-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcarrender (Post 1996438)
WTF are you flapping your gums about now. I know how to use the search function here and everywhere else I'm a member of a forum. I'm no longer going to respond to either of you. You both act like children. This is not what this thread or the BOI is for. Have a good evening

Toodles.

Deku 04-26-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Kennard (Post 1996437)
Seriously? I'll be shocked if Fanfthane even entertains this incredibly ridiculous analogy.

I feel as if they may have meant something else but it's still kind of silly to even compare that. Where does killing even come into play?

DavidBeard 04-26-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreepingNightmare (Post 1996448)
I feel as if they may have meant something else but it's still kind of silly to even compare that. Where does killing even come into play?

You and I probably haven't spent enough time around criminals to understand that logic. It's obvious Jim has a whole stable of criminals he is involved with.

Fangthane 04-26-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreepingNightmare (Post 1996448)
I feel as if they may have meant something else

There's no "they." Jim made a foolish apples-to-oranges analogy in reply to my comment. Not sure what you're getting at, at least as far as my part it in it is concerned. :shrug01:

Deku 04-26-2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fangthane (Post 1996457)
There's no "they." Jim made a foolish apples-to-oranges analogy in reply to my comment. Not sure what you're getting at, at least as far as my part it in it is concerned. :shrug01:

I always say "They" with people after a few incidents regarding people claiming to be a different gender/sex or whatever and I was apparently supposed to know this before hand(even though they never mentioned this, etc). I don't like to deal with that kind of drama (Even if it's just a crazy person).

He may just be tired or something... but then again maybe not. (I am not defending anyone- I don't know anyone.)

Deku 04-26-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBeard (Post 1996456)
You and I probably haven't spent enough time around criminals to understand that logic. It's obvious Jim has a whole stable of criminals he is involved with.

I guess. lol.

DavidBeard 04-27-2017 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlmoon (Post 1996441)
I feel like I’m watching one of those knock down, drag out talk shows. I want to look away, but it’s like a train wreck I can’t stop watching.

So, short version?
Jim got some snakes as payment for an old debt from Manny and posted it on FB.
David posted some negative stuff about Manny on Jim’s FB page and Jim deleted it. Jim then told David he didn’t agree with him, and also, he knows other people with records.

David thought this was something he should notify the BOI about and posted an Info thread.
Much drama filled posting ensued.

My take on this? Neither Jim nor David is exactly the worst person ever. In fact I think the worst you can say is that:

Jim - was once involved years ago in reporting some people who were keeping illegal species. Doesn’t refuse to do business with people with past records, or at least won’t publicly agree with David about doing so.

David: makes sarcastic posts on FB. Made this thread. Once got a gecko from petsmart.

Is it just me, or this all this kind of a non-issue on either side???? David is judging Jim for something he said on FB. Jim is fighting back by pointing out things David has said on FB. Logan is judging David for stuff he posts on FB. Justin is arguing with Chris. Etc. And why do we keep coming back to FB? There is a reason I avoid that place.

Heres the thing that has been kind of glossed over throughout this whole situation:

I did not know that Jim was settling a past debt with Frade by receiving those snakes. He just made a post, tagged Frade and that was it. There was no context made by Jim, and he mentioned nothing of it when I PM'd him. I was not aware in the slightest of any debt, so its a moot point.

I don't really care *why* Jim deal's with criminals, its the flippant nature in which he admits it and even brags about it that I find worrisome. I did some digging and his past dealings with criminals are quite telling as well. He helped Bill & Linda break the law for YEARS and only ratted them out AFTER they sued him and won!

I might be a little mouthy and kind of a jerk but who has lost a snake-related lawsuit? Jim. Who has NARCD'd other herpers out to the authorities? Jim. Who has displayed a complete disregard for the past of criminals in order to further his business? Jim. Who has a hard time speaking for himself and needs a crew of mindless groupies to fight his battles online for him? Jim.

If the most I'm guilty of is saying naughty words on Facebook and being a jerk to stupid people, then I guess I can definitely live with that in comparison to Jim's transgressions.

People who have a problem with "flippers" and how the free market works need to address those concerns elsewhere, like maybe an economics classroom.

Chris Kennard 04-27-2017 12:23 AM

Huh-whu???

DavidBeard 04-27-2017 12:34 AM

Since the term "flipper" has been tossed around quite extensively by the minions of NITITA/Jim, I wonder if anyone could find out what happened to the Ball Pythons mentioned in this article:

http://www.qconline.com/news/local/w...b462154f3.html

Did Jim "flip" these snakes? He got them for free, so if he sold them for any amount of money that would be considered "flipping" correct? I doubt we will find any answers but you have to wonder....

Chris Kennard 04-27-2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBeard (Post 1996475)
Heres the thing that has been kind of glossed over throughout this whole situation:

I did not know that Jim was settling a past debt with Frade by receiving those snakes. He just made a post, tagged Frade and that was it. There was no context made by Jim, and he mentioned nothing of it when I PM'd him. I was not aware in the slightest of any debt, so its a moot point.

I don't really care *why* Jim deal's with criminals, its the flippant nature in which he admits it and even brags about it that I find worrisome. I did some digging and his past dealings with criminals are quite telling as well. He helped Bill & Linda break the law for YEARS and only ratted them out AFTER they sued him and won!

I might be a little mouthy and kind of a jerk but who has lost a snake-related lawsuit? Jim. Who has NARCD'd other herpers out to the authorities? Jim. Who has displayed a complete disregard for the past of criminals in order to further his business? Jim. Who has a hard time speaking for himself and needs a crew of mindless groupies to fight his battles online for him? Jim.

If the most I'm guilty of is saying naughty words on Facebook and being a jerk to stupid people, then I guess I can definitely live with that in comparison to Jim's transgressions.

People who have a problem with "flippers" and how the free market works need to address those concerns elsewhere, like maybe an economics classroom.

So let's address this. Mouthy? Jerk? Absolutely! Bad guy? How would I know? Has there been any bad guy posts on you here? I'll say this David. I totally disagree with you "initially" doing this on his page. You could have PM'd Jim privately. That being said, I don't think it was wrong to share this here. Thanks for the heads up. Again, I hope Jim discloses where those animals came from to any potential buyer.

DavidBeard 04-27-2017 12:43 AM

There have never been any substantiated bad guy posts on me here, no. There were a couple threads started on me by scammers which of course turned out majorly in my favor after things were said and done, but that was over a decade ago.

I would wager that I have just as many, if not *more* documented "good guy/positive reviews" as Jim does, if you factor in my reviews from my time spent on Arachnoboards which can be seen here:

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/david-beard.43257/

In my time as a part-time buyer/seller/trader I have had only a couple transactions go bad. I did my best to rectify them, and I understand that nobody is perfect.

Chris Kennard 04-27-2017 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBeard (Post 1996479)
Since the term "flipper" has been tossed around quite extensively by the minions of NITITA/Jim, I wonder if anyone could find out what happened to the Ball Pythons mentioned in this article:

http://www.qconline.com/news/local/w...b462154f3.html

Did Jim "flip" these snakes? He got them for free, so if he sold them for any amount of money that would be considered "flipping" correct? I doubt we will find any answers but you have to wonder....

Enough with the "flipper" argument. It's irrelevant now. Stay focused. This, for me, is about obtaining animals from a bad guy with a history of owning that reputation. I'd like to know if Jim is the honest type of guy who will disclose where the animals came from when it comes time to unload to regain his loss from Frade. Jim???

DavidBeard 04-27-2017 12:58 AM

If we are going by the numbers, here are the documented positive reviews for Jim and Myself....

Fauna:
Jim = 53 different positive posts/reviews from customers
Myself = 7 (He obviously wins there, no question)

Arachnoboards (where most of my positive reviews originate from, seeing as how I dealt more with inverts):

Jim= 0 (that I could find at least, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)
Myself = 67

In total between the 2 websites, Jim has 53 positive reviews, where I have 74.

With someone who has such a massive experience head start on me, one would think the numbers would in his favor overall. That is not the case. I have a longer track record of positive/good guy reviews that he does. That is a fact.

Chris Kennard 04-27-2017 01:05 AM

That's it. I'm out. Good luck all.

markpulawski 04-27-2017 06:51 AM

David your words are disgusting, my wife works for Easter Seals and all they do is work with IC student age to young adults, your comments on a social media site referring to others being IC in a not so politically correct way is just sad. You obviously have never spent time around any of these special people because if you had you never would have said the things you did, I pray one day you understand how much these words can hurt.
Like Chris I am done, you proved to me Jim is human and actually made a mistake or 2 in his life in the reptile world, I can live with that track record, you don't have to. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Iguanalady 04-27-2017 07:38 AM

What a mess is all I can say. I read through the entire thread, every single post. My conclusions are; So what if Jim collected an old debt from someone none of us would like to deal with, That's his business! I also noticed that he came here, said his peace and haven't seen another post from him for many many pages. David, you might have thought you were doing us a favor, but it seemed as though you feel you had something to prove for yourself. This thread could have died pages ago, but you continued to let people egg you on again and again. I personally would have let it be, you stated how you felt about the situation and then just turned into a drama fest. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even about you. I applaud Jim for not falling into the big drama that this turned into. That is the reason I never go on facebook anymore. I have a profile but haven't been on it in a year if not more. Way too much drama, who needs the stress?

MikeCurtin 04-27-2017 12:40 PM

This whole thread has given me a number of reasons to avoid dealings with various parties. At the moment, Jim is not one of them....way too much excrement to wade through to take the accusations seriously at this point. Obvious vendetta.

fishhead1992 04-27-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeCurtin (Post 1996541)
This whole thread has given me a number of reasons to avoid dealings with various parties. At the moment, Jim is not one of them....way too much excrement to wade through to take the accusations seriously at this point. Obvious vendetta.

Exactly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

DavidBeard 04-27-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeCurtin (Post 1996541)

So this thread is an obvious vendetta but Jim ratting out his business partners AFTER losing a lawsuit......thats NOT a vendetta? Come on Mike, you've got better sense than that. :shrug01:

Andy_G 04-27-2017 04:10 PM

This thread is like trying to clean a river that's located upstream from a water supply by peeing in it...

SiXandSeven8ths 04-27-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBeard (Post 1996562)
So this thread is an obvious vendetta but Jim ratting out his business partners AFTER losing a lawsuit......thats NOT a vendetta? Come on Mike, you've got better sense than that. :shrug01:

That's between Jim and his ex-partners. What's it got to do with anything here? I can't see what you are trying to accomplish besides dig up dirt over something that has nothing to do with you. Do you suffer from mental illness?

DavidBeard 04-27-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiXandSeven8ths (Post 1996573)
That's between Jim and his ex-partners. What's it got to do with anything here? I can't see what you are trying to accomplish besides dig up dirt over something that has nothing to do with you. Do you suffer from mental illness?

if you can't put the pieces together then I'm not going to expend more energy trying to hold your hand. You can lead a horse to water but you obviously cannot make it drink.

Do you suffer from comprehension illness?

David Reid 04-27-2017 11:57 PM

I really don't do Facebook, and these situations make me happy with that decision. I also have a rule: When I get angry at a person or situation, I sleep on it. Most of the time, it is not nearly as important or as big of a deal as it SEEMED the day before.

Dave