FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214444)

Elizabethlea27 12-23-2010 03:14 AM

Ok I think what she meant is that she didn't want her name here in the first place to avoid giving a third party ammunition. So.. I dragged her here...
BUT I was completely oblivious to all of that at the time of posting the PM's.

So let's all kiss, make up, and get back to exposing Ashley for what she's done. And make sure she can't do any of this again.

Adrya 12-23-2010 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake_Freak (Post 1171867)
Trust me i know everything...I just choose to stay out of it....But since i have been helping her clean her collection..not one snake has died from IBD...The burm had liver and kidney failure, the other boa that passed had an ova infection

Why do you think Ashley has suddenly become so quiet then?

Why do you think she's avoiding everyone like the plague?

Why do you think that she's avoiding Rachel and Elizabeth's requests for a perfectly legit refund of their hard-earned money and peace of mind?

Don't you think that if Ashley thought that she was indeed not guilty about all of this, that she would confront all of us about this issue publicly? Don't you think that she would at least post and try to defend herself more legitimately and try to post all the proof that she can that she does NOT have any problems with her collection?

Well, she certainly hasn't by any means... and that says a lot about her. The same goes for any of her friends and followers, though few, and that includes you. If you really are her friend, you would have tried to back her up.

There's way too much evidence online of her entire 2 year life of keeping snakes that proves her to be guilty of everything that she's done.

So instead of taking the more mature, grown-up, big-girl route of trying to make amends with everyone that has bought snakes off of her, Ashley's going into hiding, ignoring everything, and having her idiotic friends make prank phone calls to her hurt customers instead.

This is NOT the kind of hobby that you F*** around with, Ashley. There are more of us respected, honorable reptile keepers here than you could ever hope to stand up against. And if you think that you can get away with what you have done, you are terribly mistaken. The same goes for your followers.

You've REALLY pissed not only ME off, but Rachel, Elizabeth, and countless others with this whole stupid, childish ordeal of yours. Get your damn RETARDED, CUNTSKANKEROUS, PLAGUEWHORED ACT TOGETHER and GROW the hell UP and REFUND them before you seriously find yourself in a situation regretting that you ever existed.

I am so deadly serious.

YOU have NO idea who you're dicking around with.

Elizabethlea27 12-23-2010 03:22 AM

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::i agree:

:rofl:

Elizabethlea27 12-23-2010 03:23 AM

When you want to cry, you might as well try and laugh.

DavidBeard 12-23-2010 03:26 AM

Crystal.....I understand that Ashley is your friend, but she is on a sinking ship that she has had many opportunities to correct, and if you stand by her side, I believe she will drag you down right along with her.

If thats OK with you, fine. But I think you're both being extremely immature about the whole situation. This is not a game. You might be a young kid who thinks everything IS a game......but I assure you, the ramifications of what Ashley has done (and not done) are far-reaching and potentially catastrophic.

If I were you, I would do my best to distance myself from being associated with Ashley at all....if you truly care for your own animals and the animals she has put in jeopardy through her callous and careless actions and practices.

I say this as an honest attempt to look out for the well being of yourself and your animals. The company you keep is taking you down a very dark road, and I can assure you its not a place you want to be.

RachelSS 12-23-2010 03:32 AM

Ashley has facebook messaged me and apologized for what has gone on. She is planning on talking to her husband about how they can go about refunding Elizabeth and I.

I told Ashley if she DOES come through with the refund, I will make it public knowledge. As of right now, I have no idea what will happen. She is talking to her husband tomorrow and I will hear from her then, from what I gather.

DavidBeard 12-23-2010 03:37 AM

Maybe its just me, but the "gotta talk to my husband" thing sounds like a text-book-ain't-gonna-happen-excuse.....I hope I am wrong, but my gut feeling tells me shes going to stiff you both. :(

RachelSS 12-23-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBeard (Post 1171897)
Maybe its just me, but the "gotta talk to my husband" thing sounds like a text-book-ain't-gonna-happen-excuse.....I hope I am wrong, but my gut feeling tells me shes going to stiff you both. :(

I hope that this isn't the case. Unfortunately, I am prepared for this.

Elizabethlea27 12-23-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelSS (Post 1171896)
Ashley has facebook messaged me and apologized for what has gone on. She is planning on talking to her husband about how they can go about refunding Elizabeth and I.

I told Ashley if she DOES come through with the refund, I will make it public knowledge. As of right now, I have no idea what will happen. She is talking to her husband tomorrow and I will hear from her then, from what I gather.

Forgive me for not giving my snakes a repetition of that same apology when they are about to have a lethal injection, if this leads where it logically will for me. :angry: I have received no such word from Ashley. If she were to apologize for absolutely everything it would mean about as much as ashes thrown in my face after all the lies she told. I just want my snakes not to be in this situation. But I will settle for a refund since that can't happen.

Elizabethlea27 12-23-2010 03:40 AM

And David, I totally agree, and I have suspected such since I heard it from her. It's her business, this is just an excuse to stall. We'll see what happens.

Adrya 12-23-2010 03:41 AM

Rachel, tomorrow should be the last day you give her, period. If she doesn't get back to you by the end of tomorrow, then that's it. She's getting owned. You can't keep extending the cut-off dates when she doesn't get back to you. lol

RachelSS 12-23-2010 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrya (Post 1171902)
Rachel, tomorrow should be the last day you give her, period. If she doesn't get back to you by the end of tomorrow, then that's it. She's getting owned. You can't keep extending the cut-off dates when she doesn't get back to you. lol

Well the deadline for me to hear back from her or I would post in the BOI was 12/22/2010 @ 10pm EST. I upheld that. I posted at 10:30 or so. I said in the email the refund MUST be received by Friday, and I am true to my word :)

SakaraGT4 12-23-2010 04:10 AM

Adrya, you say you are grown up and yet you are sitting there calling me names like a child, LOL! and the "deadly serious" threats to me, ok, lolol. Sounds like you are threatening my life or something, LOL. And as amusing as it is to me that you are threatening me outside of the reptile issue at hand, at least I'm sure you aren't dumb enough to actually try to threaten me in person because I have NO problem defending myself and my household against ANY threat according to what Texas state law allows :) so piss off with the threats, ktnxbye.

jere000 12-23-2010 04:12 AM

Lol that's what makes her come to the thread.

Elizabethlea27 12-23-2010 04:30 AM

I'm glad something did. Now if she would only address the health of her snakes and the snakes she sold... or the refunds she should be paying out.

Hey Ashley, since your house is now established as safe, would you like to address any of the issues that actually pertain to this thread? Like, will you refund Rachel and I?
What are your plans if your snakes test positive?

Adrya 12-23-2010 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakaraGT4 (Post 1171910)
Adrya, you say you are grown up and yet you are sitting there calling me names like a child, LOL! and the "deadly serious" threats to me, ok, lolol. Sounds like you are threatening my life or something, LOL. And as amusing as it is to me that you are threatening me outside of the reptile issue at hand, at least I'm sure you aren't dumb enough to actually try to threaten me in person because I have NO problem defending myself and my household against ANY threat according to what Texas state law allows :) so piss off with the threats, ktnxbye.

LOL but you're dumb enough to reply to my post instead of taking care of the important tasks at hand!

And I'm not talking about physical threats. I'm talking about legal threats, mmkay? Thanks, you can piss off, too.

Elizabethlea27 12-23-2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrya (Post 1171917)
LOL but you're dumb enough to reply to my post instead of taking care of the important tasks at hand!

And I'm not talking about physical threats. I'm talking about legal threats, mmkay? Thanks, you can piss off, too.

:shrug01: Maybe your house isn't as safe as you thought, if you, y'know, get sued.... for, oh, I don't know, fraud... Could be out a bunch of cash. In lawyer fees.

And you know I do find myself feeling very very nasty towards you. But you absolutely IGNORING the health of my animals which YOU callously jeopardized makes me so infuriated, I have trouble helping it.:angry:

DavidBeard 12-23-2010 04:43 AM

Her house apparently isn't safe from mites, negligence, carelessness, shoddy business ethics, and destructive behavior.

Adrya 12-23-2010 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabethlea27 (Post 1171920)
:shrug01: Maybe your house isn't as safe as you thought, if you, y'know, get sued.... for, oh, I don't know, fraud... Could be out a bunch of cash. In lawyer fees.

And you know I do find myself feeling very very nasty towards you. But you absolutely IGNORING the health of my animals which YOU callously jeopardized makes me so infuriated, I have trouble helping it.:angry:

I completely and wholeheartedly agree. :thumbsup:

Elizabethlea27 12-23-2010 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBeard (Post 1171921)
Her house apparently isn't safe from mites, negligence, carelessness, shoddy business ethics, and destructive behavior.

:iagree::iagree:

I could not have put it more perfectly. Thank you so much.

ShadowAceD 12-23-2010 07:12 AM

Ashley, I do not know exactly what the hold off is on the refunds.

I looked up the paygrade chart for the 2010 - 2011 fiscal year of the military. I know what your BAH and BAS rates are as well.

I also know that your husband being deployed in a war zone area gets you Separation Pay (250.00 per month activated after the first 30 days and retroactive from the first 30) and hazard duty pay (150.00 + per month because it can be doubled up on if certain hazard criteria are met). I also know that none of his paychecks are being taxed right now per Combat Zone Tax Exclusions. So, that means you are getting full paychecks with Base Allowance for Housing and Base Allowance for Sustinance included. These are awesome paychecks, believe me, I know. My husband spent four months in Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and other places when he was an E4/E5 (he put on rank while he was out there), we banked quite a bit of money from that.

So, even with two kids and the animals? Simply put? You should have the small sums to refund the Bolivian boas. And even if you did not at this exact moment, I know for a fact it's relatively easy to go to Finance and put in a request for a partial advanced payment. Since your husband would have had to give you power of attorney before he left (as is required for any service member who is married leaving to a war zone), you would be able to get ahold of his supervisor and get that done. And even if that is not the case, it is not hard for him to request it himself.

So ... at this point, you probably should refund them for the Bolivians because ... the legal office on base can be a bit more tenacious than the ones off base because the military in general kind of gets peeved when service members, or their spouses, screw people out of money or fail to uphold their comittments with money. You were enlisted, you should know that service members are responsible for the actions of their dependents. It kind of sucks, but it is true.

If you think the BOI is a thorn in your side, you do not want to deal with them, believe me, and I am more than willing to give the information to the people you are screwing over to get it done.

crotalusadamanteus 12-23-2010 07:39 AM

Not sure if it's been mentioned because the thread is growing so fast, but if any of you have confirmed cases at hand, have you considered a donation to Dr. Jacobson's cause? He and Dr. Mader have pretty much dedicated a lot of their time and efforts to this exact cause. A few infected animals could go a long way toward their research.

deborahbroadus 12-23-2010 08:18 AM

Frankly, I would like a list of ALL Ashley's friends who have been in and out of her house and are currently ignoring the situation, so that I can put THEM on my DNBFOST list, too.

I LOVE my snakes, and I am not quite as nice as everyone else if something of this nature that can be traced to one person were to be dropped in my lap. Right now, I am no longer buying from anyone that has not invested a sufficent amount of time and money in their business, this means no "fly by nights," flippers, BYB without a true business on which they pay taxes. I find that serious breeders are prone to be more careful as they have more invested than just finding a couple of free, or cheap snakes and breeding them.

And...if this Ashley were a "friend" of mine, you best believe they would be cut off and I would be HELPING others to make her see that this issue needs to be taken care of and locking down my own collection for testing and possible euthanasia if I had a snake from her or had even been in her house.

Some friend...messed up her own business and now wants to drag everyone that tried to help her down with her by maintaining the lies instead of opening up and revealing just how serious her situation is!

sally-dog 12-23-2010 09:04 AM

I really hope Elizabeth and Rachel get their money. I would hope that Ashley could at least issue each of them a partial refund to show that she's serious... but it's pretty obvious she isn't.

Kristi23 12-23-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahbroadus (Post 1171963)
Frankly, I would like a list of ALL Ashley's friends who have been in and out of her house and are currently ignoring the situation, so that I can put THEM on my DNBFOST list, too.

I agree with this. I am so afraid of how much this could spread because of the snakes Ashley has sold and from the people who go to her house and then go home to their animals. I would not want to take any chances.

amercnwmn 12-23-2010 11:19 AM

My issue with her excuse of "talking to Ryan first":

She BOUGHT many of her snakes WITHOUT clearing it through her husband first
She's admitted that online.
If this was a snake she was wanting to buy, she wouldn't be talking to her husband first.
Her actions brought about these consequences. If her husband doesn't like the fact she's had to plunk out money made by ill gains, TOUGH.

That's HER problem.

She wanted to play at being "respectable" breeder, now she can act like one. She's got stuff she can pawn to come up with all the money, or at least a substantial amount to both ladies.

Her collection's tests need to WAIT. She has other people's snakes she needs to pay to have tested, and people needing to be refunded.

What about the snakes sold at the various reptile expos she's attended? What about the ones traded or sent on breeding loans??

Currently, there's another party whose snakes are currently under her "care".

He's apparently not in a position to retrieve them.

If I were him, I'd be asking for her to cover the financial costs of testing every ONE of his snakes exposed to her parasite infested collection

It remains to be seen whether Yvonne (boachick17) knew about the IBD death & mites BEFORE bringing her collection into Ashley's home.
Ashley claims she did, but Ashley is about as trustworthy as a venomous snake.

If there isn't PROOF of her knowing of these issues beforehand, then I think Ashley should be paying for her snakes to be tested as well.

I know Crystal is there all the time, and if she has even ONE mite in her collection, her breeding projects will be shot, and her snakes will require tests as well.

I doubt very seriously ANYONE in possession of all the FACTS of the stability of her collection would have KNOWINGLY exposed their snakes

Ashley is a mooch. She was looking for a free ride from taxpayers not too long ago. She's tried to make a living on the backs of her animals without care or consideration regarding their health.

If it were ME and my snakes had mites, I'd be spending a LOT less time online playing and posting pictures of myself sprawled out on hoods of cars and in lingerie "eating" my snakes.

amercnwmn 12-23-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahbroadus (Post 1171963)

According Ashley, at least 200+ snakes "have been in room contact" with her collection, which would likely mean mites, and possibly an IBD spread.
:shootfoot

I know there's the guy who currently has snakes in her care.
Yvonne (boachick17) who had a boa paired with one of Ashley's and was her roommate.

She's had snakes at the Austin Reptile Expo last year, not sure if she had any sales at that show.

I'm not sure if she set up a table at Dallas or San Antonio shows.

She's taken her snakes to PetCo & other pet stores. Not sure if she's taken them into smaller local shows that allow you to walk around with pets.

She's had ads on craigslist selling snakes, various forums, had snakes up for donation auctions, (closed before any were shipped)

It's impossible to track back where all the snakes went, and where mites could have been spread.

Since she has NO desire to try to track back buyers, it's impossible to say how many people have snakes from her. She may not even know.

hboyles66 12-23-2010 11:55 AM

This thread is just horrible. All these people Ashley could have possibly infected and just plain doesn't care. RIDICULOUS!!! I have been in contact with Mr. Dean and he had his whole room shut down by other reptile breeders in his area until he could prove there was no IBD there. Ashley and Ryan where on Fauna and emailing him demading refunds for the BCL threatening force and by law. Now the shoe is on the other foot and they are running away scared. They where willing to act tough when they felt screwd over but now that they are screwing people over they have turned a blind eye and ran. What a HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!!! She has been claiming to be this nice whole hearted family lady when in reality she is a minulative lady who will take the all mighty dollar over the well being of the animals. She has been contacted by Mr. Dean and all she did was get defesnive. She bashed him in a threat about his snakes but at least he stopped posting and selling snakes. He may not be a great guy but at least he owned up to his problems and took care of them. He refunded the lady with the cornsnake and shut his collection down from what I understand. I am just not sure but it looks to me like the IBD came from Ashleys collectioin not Mr. Dean.

amercnwmn 12-23-2010 12:13 PM

There is NO way to know for certain where the mites or any other issue would have come from.

reticguy76 12-23-2010 12:57 PM

The exposure goin on here is just gettin unreal, and keeps gettin deeper and deeper. I really wish she would just cut her losses, start refunding and cease breeding/selling/buying anymore animals, take a good break away from this great hobby, clean everything up, and try to redeem her rep.
It's really a shame that animals are ultimately the ones that actually suffer.

Elizabethlea27 12-23-2010 01:21 PM

So last night before I finally slept I checked on the Qtine room, and found the male from ashley like this:

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/a...7/IMG_5816.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/a...7/IMG_5814.jpg

I edited color settings only to make him more visible, as it was taken through a plastic tub at low light. I had ALREADY bumped the tub and he did not respond, and he did not respond to the flash of my camera.

He did respond to me opening the tub a little bit.. here are pics of him immediately after I opened the lid:

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/a...IMG_5817-1.jpg

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/a...IMG_5818-1.jpg

And he stayed like THAT for quite a while.

The last pic I took he was like this:
http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/a...IMG_5834-1.jpg

Now tell me, if you were in my shoes, and this was the source of your mites and it came from Ashley, what would you do? How would you react? I am ... not sure what to do, I know I can't really do anything... any advice? He's already spread mites to everyone so... I guess I feel doomed.:shrug01:

amercnwmn 12-23-2010 01:24 PM

Move that snake away from any others. If you can get it out of the house, great.
Contact Dr. Jacobson. You might be able to send it to him for exam.

amercnwmn 12-23-2010 01:25 PM

Sorry, first angle I couldn't tell he was resting his head..he may just be laying like that. Snakes are weird..lol However given all that's been seen, I'm probably overly paranoid.

Elizabethlea27 12-23-2010 01:31 PM

Wait what? He wasn't resting his head, I freaked out and grabbed the camera because he was in his vines with his head held backwards in mid air. I'm sorry the picture quality is so AWFUL in the first two pics.

sally-dog 12-23-2010 01:31 PM

A video of it would be better. Not that he isn't laying in a somewhat odd position, but seeing the locomotion really will tell us if there is something wrong.

reticguy76 12-23-2010 01:32 PM

Is that one still quarantined from your other collection ??

amercnwmn 12-23-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sally-dog (Post 1172077)
A video of it would be better. Not that he isn't laying in a somewhat odd position, but seeing the locomotion really will tell us if there is something wrong.

Agreed

sally-dog 12-23-2010 01:39 PM

IF that snake does end up displaying MORE odd behavior and a vet really does diagnose him as sick, you should think about getting a toxicology report in addition to the any IBD testing.

You've been treating for mites, and as you've seen before, it can cause neurological issues. A lot of neurological disorders are immediately thought to be IBD, and you need to make sure its one or the other by getting both tests done.

amercnwmn 12-23-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabethlea27 (Post 1172075)
Wait what? He wasn't resting his head, I freaked out and grabbed the camera because he was in his vines with his head held backwards in mid air. I'm sorry the picture quality is so AWFUL in the first two pics.

Ok..I thought I was looking at the first few pics at a weird angle, but apparently his head IS at that funny angle. Yeah that doesn't look right in the pic.

sally-dog 12-23-2010 01:40 PM

The symptoms can be confused, is what I meant to say. You know the animal was exposed to IBD and you have been treating for mites, so those are your two biggest leads.